Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. I've been browsin this site on and off for a while admiring all the great cars, projects, and information you have to offer. I didn't wanna join until i had a one of these beauties as I knew it would feel that much better to fill in what one I had on the form when I signed up. I've been in love with the C3 Vette since I was about five and always said one day I'll have one. Well that day has come. About 2 weeks ago I picked up a 78 with a bit of damage to the rear quarter and bumper, interior work needed, and paint needed. Otherwise the car runs good and is pretty clean. I managed to pick it up for 1,400 I felt like I was stealin it from the guy I just couldn't pass it up. Not worried about the work it needs as I'm pretty handy and have all the infromation and help I need here to complete her. Well yesterday I see another ad on craigslist for a 76 (which I prefer the bodystyle of) I go to check it out and this car is even better. No body damage, numbers matching all orginal, 69k original miles. It needs paint, floor boards, and carpet. The guy already bought the floorboards still in the box just need to be installed. The car runs great starts right up. I GOT THIS ONE FOR 2000. Is it just me or did I somehow manage to score two great deals in 2 weeks, im psyched. Anyways I know i'll end up coming across some little things here and there that I missed on initial inspection but I'm prepared for that. Just had to get this off my chest ha. Glad to be hear amogst others who appreciate these cars as much as me, I'm sure I'll be asking you guys for help along the way so thanks in advance. If you read this whole post more power to you. :partyon:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,901 Posts
Welcome to DC. Boy are you hooked now.:laughing: Make sure you post up some pics soon. You know we all like pics

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
W:surprisedW Welcome to DC :buhbye: Enjoy the Blue screen of Corvette therapy..............of course, when you have time between "scoring great deals" :thumbsup:
We love seeing before, during and after shots :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
What a bargain, ime going vette shopping with you next time.

I did the sums and if you sent the two vettes over to Oz, do NO WORK on either and sell, minus freight etc etc it is a 1000% profit ...now I know why all these vehicle importers are popping up everywhere and flooding the market with cararo's, mustang's and vettes.....what a lucrative markup! If you can purchase at the price you did. Welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm heading out to pick the 76 up now to bring it home so I should have some pics of both of them side by side up tomorrow. Stay tuned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts