Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the glass top on my vette come off? I always thought they did but i cant figure out how to get it off. Anyway it looks cool even if it doesn't

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
StomVette88 said:
Does the glass top on my vette come off? I always thought they did but i cant figure out how to get it off. Anyway it looks cool even if it doesn't
They all come off, you have a targa top for sure. There are 4 bolts, two that go horizontally into the b-pillar (rear), and two that go vertically above the visors. All 4 use the same torque bit, did your car come with a little rachet? That's what you'd use.

If not, Mid America and Ecklers sell replacement ratchets, so you can get that puppy out quick!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea, the first time i took mine off i couldnt figure out where the front bolts were, they are right where the visor is they are kind off hidden if you have your visors pulled in, but the rear bolts are pretty easy to find, like pat said a wrench should have came with your car, if not you can just find out what size torx bit you need and use that

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The screws to take off your top are located behind sunvisors.The front one do not come completley out,but the rear ones do.Have two people there,just to be on the safe side ,when you remove it.I put mine in a cover,and then put it in the back.Be careful when you put it back in place.Dont overtighten screws,or they will strip out retainers in the rear.Hope that this helps you.Also racket is avail from most corvette stores on-line.about $ 25.00.It is well worth it.:excited: :partyon: :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts