Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "new" site is up. Nothing really noticeable, just some stream lining along with our new "sponsor banner".

I'll be tweaking the site over the next few weeks, as well as adding content, new sponsors, more driver profiles, etc....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-=Jeff=- said:
You need to let the intro song go a little longer.. like 20 sec or so..
I'm still debating about the flash page, not sure if people will get tired of it or not.

I'll play around with it when I get some other items done, maybe I can stretch it out to 20 seconds.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I'm still debating about the flash page, not sure if people will get tired of it or not.

I'll play around with it when I get some other items done, maybe I can stretch it out to 20 seconds.
As long as you put a button below that says "Skip this"... you could make the flash opening 20 minutes long!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but I worry about people getting tired of skipping the splash page everytime they visit the site, unless they know to save the link that gets them into the site while avoiding the splash page.

I'm going off of personal opinion where I tire of the splash page of other sites.

Maybe I'll do a poll eventually, to gain insight from those that visit GLCC on a regular basis.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
BubbleHead said:
True, but I worry about people getting tired of skipping the splash page everytime they visit the site, unless they know to save the link that gets them into the site while avoiding the splash page.

I'm going off of personal opinion where I tire of the splash page of other sites.

Maybe I'll do a poll eventually, to gain insight from those that visit GLCC on a regular basis.
Hmmm....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tim the flash actually loads or begins to load even before you see the skip intro.

This is noticiable on a phone line which I am on during the week.

I like the flash but remember the site is designed to be a news type site which means you will have many returning visitors and they will get tired of skipping the intro.

You have more access to web tools. If you can rig it so that you determine if a visitor has been to the site in the last x number of days or not at all play intro otherwise not then you are golden.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
REDGAR said:
Tim the flash actually loads or begins to load even before you see the skip intro.

I like the flash but remember the site is designed to be a news type site which means you will have many returning visitors and they will get tired of skipping the intro.

You have more access to web tools. If you can rig it so that you determine if a visitor has been to the site in the last x number of days or not at all play intro otherwise not then you are golden.
Excellent points, gentlemen. Tim and I will chitchat about this subject later today.

As as always, thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
REDGAR said:

Good idea, I'll look into cookies when I get the time. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts