Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glenn Beck is leaving his Fox News Channel show later this year.

The network and Mr. Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, announced the departure on Wednesday. Fox and the company said they will work together to create other projects for Fox News television and digital.

Mr. Beck became a sensation almost immediately after jumping from HLN to Fox for an afternoon program. Lately his viewership has declined. He had faced an advertiser boycott that limited the amount of companies that wanted to be a part of his show after saying President Barack Obama had a "deep-seated hatred for white people."

Mr. Beck said that he "cannot repay (Fox News chief) Roger (Ailes) for the lessons I've learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704013604576246852394773890.html?mod=e2tw

Fox News is owned by News Corp., publisher of The Wall Street Journal.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Goes to show. The Race Card can only be played by the black guy.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This can only be a possitive for this country....we don't need the extremists anymore. This compined with the removal of Kieth Olberman should calm the bullshit that permates our day to day conversation. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good riddance to the cry baby. :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
This can only be a possitive for this country....we don't need the extremists anymore. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:agree:

Harry "Balls" Reid
Piglosi
Barry Hussein Obama

All need to go! :cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Shows the true power of the left wing to strong arm advertisers.. :lookinup:

But......

FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT

NEW YORK— FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms including FOX News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.
Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of FOX News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

Glenn Beck said, “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at FOX News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News.

Ailes said, “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.
About FOX News
FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour general news service covering breaking news as well as political, business and entertainment news. For more than 100 consecutive months, FNC has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country. Owned by News Corp., FNC is available in more than 90 million homes.

About Mercury Radio Arts
Mercury Radio Arts is Glenn Beck’s fully integrated multi-media production company. Mercury produces or co-produces all Glenn Beck related properties including The Glenn Beck Program, America’s third highest-rated radio show, Beck’s New York Times bestselling books, his live stage-show business, destination website GlennBeck.com, and news and information service TheBlaze.com. Founded in 2002, Mercury has a full time staff of 50 employees and is based in New York, NY.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...-produce-and-develop-new-shows-for-fnc_b60690

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Shows the true power of the left wing to strong arm advertisers.. :lookinup:

But......

FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT

NEW YORK— FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms including FOX News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.
Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of FOX News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

Glenn Beck said, “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at FOX News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News.

Ailes said, “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.
About FOX News
FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour general news service covering breaking news as well as political, business and entertainment news. For more than 100 consecutive months, FNC has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country. Owned by News Corp., FNC is available in more than 90 million homes.

About Mercury Radio Arts
Mercury Radio Arts is Glenn Beck’s fully integrated multi-media production company. Mercury produces or co-produces all Glenn Beck related properties including The Glenn Beck Program, America’s third highest-rated radio show, Beck’s New York Times bestselling books, his live stage-show business, destination website GlennBeck.com, and news and information service TheBlaze.com. Founded in 2002, Mercury has a full time staff of 50 employees and is based in New York, NY.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...-produce-and-develop-new-shows-for-fnc_b60690
Looks like there is two sides to every story. So the "extremist" isn't going anywhere then???

Unlike some liberal, long in the tooth, script readers that can't hold an audience, Glenn is just mixing it up a bit. I see.

Maybe he's not a racist afterall. :huh:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The single most un-American thing a person can do is attempt to silence someone with an opposing point of view. I don't care who does it, what side they are on, or how they do it. This country was founded on the principle that our political speech is completely uninhibited. There may be some on the right who have forgotten that principle, but the left would like to see that principle burned at the stake. Here's a novel idea. If you disagree with the point of view he puts out in the public arena, how about coming up with an opposing voice that can rebut him? Bill Maher not enough for you? Find someone else. But it is cowardly to attempt to silence somone simply because you disagree with them.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Looks like there is two sides to every story. So the "extremist" isn't going anywhere then???
:agree:

just like Couric.

Expiring contract.

New horizons and contracts waiting.

Normal stuff.

Although it is possible they want to searate from him due to his religious approach.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
If you own/operate a private business that deals in the exchange of ideas, you have a right to manage that business any way you see fit. You may pay a price for silencing people (you might lose customers), but that is your business. However, for someone to tell another person or business that what they say should be banned is un-American. It says, "I'm so afraid of your ideas, I'm so afraid you might convince someone, I'm so afraid my ideas can't compete with your ideas, that I think I'll just silence you." There is no other way to interpret that effort to silence - It's cowardice, plain and simple.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
he's not racist.

He's a hypocrite.

His followers are the racist ones.
He merely feeds off that hate.
It's easy to drop the race card when you disagree with the message. ;) It's all hate when you disagree with the message. ;)

Typical Lib rebuttal. :nuts:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I see how it is. Olberman leaves and it was all about how he got canned and all that jazz, even though nothing of the sort happenned and he went on to other things. Glenn Beck's show gets outright cancelled and it was because they are setting him up with something even more awesome to match the might Beck.

You all slay me.

:rolling:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I see how it is. Olberman leaves and it was all about how he got canned and all that jazz, even though nothing of the sort happenned and he went on to other things.
I wouldn't call "Celebrity Rehab" an upgrade.. :laughing:

Glenn Beck's show gets outright cancelled and it was because they are setting him up with something even more awesome to match the might Beck.

You all slay me.

:rolling:
Where did it get cancelled? :huh:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I wouldn't call "Celebrity Rehab" an upgrade.. :laughing:

Where did it get cancelled? :huh:
Is that what Olbermann is doing now? I don't have cable, so I don't know.

And yes it was cancelled. Use all of the various idioms and figures of speech you want. Both were cancelled. Both networks used those tools for what they wanted and cancelled them when they no longer needed them.

All about money. And both of those megalomaniacs think they are the ones in control. HA!

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Is that what Olbermann is doing now? I don't have cable, so I don't know.

And yes it was cancelled. Use all of the various idioms and figures of speech you want. Both were cancelled. Both networks used those tools for what they wanted and cancelled them when they no longer needed them.

All about money. And both of those megalomaniacs think they are the ones in control. HA!
:laughing: Funny, I thought Kieth got run off 2 hours before his show, and Glen is changing parameters, later in the year.

Apple/Oranges..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts