Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glove box light doesnt work. Changed bulb and no luck. So I thought that it was the switch. Tore that apart and it seems fine with a multimeter. So I check the connector. Ah Ha. I only have 8 volts comming to the connector. All other lights on fuse #2 and relay 37 work fine. Has me stumped. Has anyone else ever run into this? I guess that I could change the relay. Cheap enough.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,386 Posts
I've never heard of that. I wonder where your other 4 VDC went

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car has never been messed with. All stock. Its almost as if there is a resistor in the line. Ill mess with it today and see if I come up with anything. Dont really need a glove box light anyway. I dont really remember if it ever worked.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it!! Hope this helps others. Anyway, I had the hood open and I have a led light bulb in the underhood light. As I would open the gllove box door, the hood light would go out. :WTF So I checked the voltage at the hood light, and it was 7.9 volts:WTF Aparently the led will work with 8 volts. Fuse must be ok!!, its got 8 volts!!! "Wrong"!! The #2 fuse was blown in the passenger footwell. It controls the visor vanity lights, the glove box light, and the under hood light. Put in a new fuse, and all is well. 12 volts to everything. Im going to start calling this car "Super Freak"!! How the hell do you get voltage with a blown fuse??? Maybe a good electrician would have figured this out right away. Me..... about 4 hours. Happy holidays to all.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,386 Posts
Glad you found it. Maybe this will help someone else down the road:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts