Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Well, GM is honoring its commitment to the government to get the bailout.

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
BG will weather the storm. The article said it all, referring to the Corvette platform as unique (next to the XLR which will be discontinued). Unless GM axes the Vette, which I highly doubt will happen.

·
Registered
123 Posts
can someone explain thi picture in the link. the red car infront of the black zr1 looks like it has a trunk like a c5z or frc. i could be looking at it wrong but i thought all c6's had the rearlift gate

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Probably a 'vert

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
has a b pillar though
not a B-pillar, illusion of the odd angle the pic is taken at. Just the vert-top deck, you can see the black edge of the soft top:thumbsup:

·
Registered
771 Posts
That's the way to stimulate the economy, GM! Take the bailout $$$ and then turn around and FIRE 47,000 employees! I'm probably going to hit a nerve here but, being an employee of an aerospace firm that utilizes the UAW, the upper management types who created half the problem and the union that created the other half probably won't feel that much of those cuts. It will end up being the middle management, engineering, and office workers who are, for the most part, obedient and hard working that will pay the price! Damn GM!!! :WTF :crazy:

By the way, for those of you who are going to flame me for daring to strike out at the union, I do realize that a lot of those workers will lose their jobs too... but don't fool yourselves into thinking that a union person loses their job as easily as an engineer, or an accountant, or a financial person, or a middle manager! And I do also realize that some engineers are part of the union as well in some plants. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Bummer about Pontiac/Saturn though, but they need to cut whever they can.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Sad news for sure. I feel for all those in the auto industry along with many more affected by the economic down turn. Hopefully GM/Ford/Chrysler right the ship and someday soon we're hearing about massive hirings and not layoffs.

·
Registered
771 Posts
What's the definition of "irony"? Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. Well, in the case of the Big 3, it's doing the same thing with the same management people and union contracts and expecting a different result. It's NOT going to happen! If we bail them out it will just prolong the agony... if the government mandates attached to the bailouts don't completely change them into coporate clones first. This mess has been coming for 30-years people!! It didn't suddenly happen overnight and it won't suddenly go away! :down:

Do you think for a moment that the management of these companies are going to meekly get up and walk out??? Do you also think for a moment the union will allow it's contracts to be sliced down to nothing??? I certainly hope both sides will do these things but I don't believe for an instant that it will. :huh:

·
Registered
324 Posts
gm axes

What's the definition of "irony"? Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. Well, in the case of the Big 3, it's doing the same thing with the same management people and union contracts and expecting a different result. It's NOT going to happen! If we bail them out it will just prolong the agony... if the government mandates attached to the bailouts don't completely change them into coporate clones first. This mess has been coming for 30-years people!! It didn't suddenly happen overnight and it won't suddenly go away! :down:

Do you think for a moment that the management of these companies are going to meekly get up and walk out??? Do you also think for a moment the union will allow it's contracts to be sliced down to nothing??? I certainly hope both sides will do these things but I don't believe for an instant that it will. :huh:
GM IS LIKE ALL THE OTHERS. ALL THE OLDER WORKERS KEEP THEIR JOBS WHEN YOUNGER ONES LOSE FOR THE ALMIGHTY BIG DOLLARS AUTO WORKERS AND THE UNION HAVE DONE THIS TO THEM SELVES FOR YEARS THE GOVERMENT HAD TOO DO SOMETHING LIKE MOST FACTORY WORKERS OLDER ONE STAY YOUNGER ONES GET THE BIG ASS SHAFT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts