Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks! Can anyone tell me if that chrome "GM" 1 inch square insignia on the lower sections of both rear quarter panels is glued on,adhered with some type of double stick material or worse screwed on!. I mean I'm proud that I'm driving this nice C6 60k GM machine but my car would look a lot better without their little adveristing addition,IMO!! Sure there must be other Vette lovers out here that feel the same. If so,any pointers on how to remove the insignia.
Thanks for your help.........

·
Registered
115 Posts
c6april06 said:
Hey Folks! Can anyone tell me if that chrome "GM" 1 inch square insignia on the lower sections of both rear quarter panels is glued on,adhered with some type of double stick material or worse screwed on!. I mean I'm proud that I'm driving this nice C6 60k GM machine but my car would look a lot better without their little adveristing addition,IMO!! Sure there must be other Vette lovers out here that feel the same. If so,any pointers on how to remove the insignia.
If I were you I wouldn't touch it,you don't wanna be telling a story later on of how you messed up your paint job by trying to take off a little emblem and put too much heat to it or someting. I also have an 06' (velocity yellow, paddle shift, dvd Nav, polished aluminum..... the works) , and that emblem isn't the greatest thing but trust me nobody looks at your car and say.... it would look a lot nicer if it didn't have that little emblem on it, lol. It's part of the car and it's history, although I do agree it is kind of an advertisment, I mean why couldn't they put crossflags, or the sequence number, or something with originality?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try sawing back and forth with dental floss or fishing line between the badge and the paint--should come right off. Then remove any remaining adhesive with goo-gone or bug and tar remover.

·
Registered
72 Posts
c6april06 said:
I agree, it looks like a tacky afterthought. It's gotta go. Millpond's idea for removal sounds safe.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Millpond said:
Try sawing back and forth with dental floss or fishing line between the badge and the paint--should come right off. Then remove any remaining adhesive with goo-gone or bug and tar remover.

:agree:

That's how I got mine off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts