Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you guys but i highly doubt that gm is going to put the new c6 body on the chassie until right before they show it to public if at all. All of these "spy" photos look just like the c5 body style. nothin really changed looks like to me maybe they did a lil bit of restyling to make us think they are the c6. But what are your opinions??? . Oh by the way im a newbie here and i love the site. I have a 2000 millenium yellow vert' with black top. poloshed aluminum wheels.:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Actually, time is running out for Chevy. They will be unveiling the C6 in about 6 months. They would be testing it by now.

If you look back you can find pretty accurate photos of the C5 being tested (spy shots) back in 1995 and 1996.

There may be a few subtle changes, but I'll bet the body on the C6 will be pretty close to what we see now.

Not to mention that the guy in charge of the project (forget his name) has openly said that this will pretty much be a re-work of the C5 as opposed to an entirely new car.

We'll have to wait and see.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,549 Posts
The lead time on getting a new car to the showroom is a lot longer than getting a baked potato to the table. While the body panels can still be tweeked some, the platform and drive train are by now probably just like they will be in production. By now the stress testing should be completed on all parts the the betas are on the road.........somewhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If they are not changing it that much why call it a C6? look at a 68 and a 82, they are still a C3 even though they look different and are almost totally different cars. The same with an 84 and 96. I like C5's, but I like a little more drastic changes each year. If they are changing the body panels a little keep it a C5. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I dont think GM has even called it a C6 yet. Anyway Its not going to be a brand new car its going to be an evolved C5. Small changes here and there with body panels and huge changes (hopefully) Under the hood , inside , and of corse the headlights. When I post my C6 Concept drawings and people say they look to "C5ish" I just want to puke. People are expecting a brand new looking car and they are going to get a C5 with a new body and engine.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think GM has reffered to it as a 6th generation vette which means it will most likely carry over the C6 nomenclature, which by the way started with the C5. Until the C5 no one refered to the car as a C whatever.

I will be glad if it does not take too far of a departure from the 5 just becasue it will prevent them from accidentaly doing something stupid and rediculas like making an ugly car. Evrery Magazine rendition I can live with except the one from i think motor trend were they showed the big mouth red car on the front with stumpy nose.

Its funny these are same discussions that were going on in the Nissan Z car forums about the 350 before it came out. :laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
they are calling it the C6 because from what i heard its like the C2-C3 an evolution of the chassis and a rebody....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts