Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon mid sized truck twins are getting a 5.3L LH8 v-8 for the 2008 model year. I dont know exactly whatmodel or options you need to get yet, but 5.3 in a Colorado is awesome, means an L92 swap is a few bolts and a tune away!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I would seriously consider something like this. I wonder what kind of towing capacity it will have.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would seriously consider something like this. I wonder what kind of towing capacity it will have.
Who cares....it would haul ass.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
They should reconfigure the Xtreme package around this engine. Yes yes, please offer it with a 5 spd. A 2WD single cab short bed with a 5.3 and a man. transmission would be a very good platform for fun.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should reconfigure the Xtreme package around this engine. Yes yes, please offer it with a 5 spd. A 2WD single cab short bed with a 5.3 and a man. transmission would be a very good platform for fun.
I agree, but we both know it likely wont happen. Expect auto only), and no regular cabs.(the 5.3L has NEVER been available with a manual in any platform, and only the 4 cylinder is available stick in the S/T trucks in 07)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Who cares....it would haul ass.
I do. I'm looking for a daily driver that can tow my Corvette when I move, which is currently every 6 months or so. I'd also like it to seat at least 4 and be able to fit my stuff. Maybe I would just need a full size for that duty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts