Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for a used 2003 service manual to try and save on the $159 price. Can't seem to find one. I have however happened upon digital versions on various websites for $20 or so. Has anyone used the digital versions and found them to have the exact same content and just as useful as the hard copies? If not more usuable because of being able to keyword search?

I would like to have the books in my hand and able to take them out to the car etc when doing work. Just having trouble ponying up the 160 for something I can get for 20.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
The CD one works fine and you can print various pages if you need a copy in hand

The Schematics GM provides , Looks like a little kid drew'em

H-A**********s Just like the corporation

I would'nt spend $159 on 3 paperback shop manuals

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The DVD that you are referring to is what I use, although I have the book versions of my manual also. The only problem with the books is that you have to jump around sometimes to get the entire repair. Not so with the DVD, you just click and you are whisked away.

Now the DVD has it's own little issue and that is with the installation. It DOES NOT install like any software you have ever used. It must be installed a specific way and I mean specific. If you screw up any step in the process, the software will NOT run correctly. More people have bought that DVD for $20 and have tossed it because they couldn't get it to install. They also couldn't follow instructions or didn't understand the instructions.

Just to give you an idea as to how tedious the installation is, here are the instructions.

It's a must have if you turn your own screws. You just have to get pass the installation.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DVD that you are referring to is what I use, although I have the book versions of my manual also. The only problem with the books is that you have to jump around sometimes to get the entire repair. Not so with the DVD, you just click and you are whisked away.

Now the DVD has it's own little issue and that is with the installation. It DOES NOT install like any software you have ever used. It must be installed a specific way and I mean specific. If you screw up any step in the process, the software will NOT run correctly. More people have bought that DVD for $20 and have tossed it because they couldn't get it to install. They also couldn't follow instructions or didn't understand the instructions.

Just to give you an idea as to how tedious the installation is, here are the instructions.

It's a must have if you turn your own screws. You just have to get pass the installation.
Thanks to both of you.

Good info on the utility of the software Junkman. That's exactly what I was looking for. I think I will order one and give it a try. If I cannot pass the installation test than I will have to determine if I'm even qualified to work on my car. I might need a refresher course, I hear it's all ball bearings these days......:D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Thanks to both of you.

Good info on the utility of the software Junkman. That's exactly what I was looking for. I think I will order one and give it a try. If I cannot pass the installation test than I will have to determine if I'm even qualified to work on my car. I might need a refresher course, I hear it's all ball bearings these days......:D
Nope, they changed it to gerbils and wheels. You'll sometime here them squeaking on cold days. :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah its pretty cool Junk.....Gives you a nice break down of the components...Its good to have this to compliment your shop manual :thumbsup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts