Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American taxpayers own 33 percent of General Motors, but that hasn’t stopped the company from cozying up to the Chinese Communist Party. According to the Washington Times’s Kerry Picket, GM is sponsoring a propaganda film produced by the Chinese government:

In late 2010, General Motors agreed to sponsor a propaganda film celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The CCP made film titled (translated to English) “The Birth of a Party” or “The Great Achievement of Founding the Party” is set to premiere all over the Communist nation on June 15.

Here is the appallingly fawning statement about the film that was reportedly posted on the Shanghai GM website (translation via the Epoch Times):

“Cadillac and the China Film Group grandly announced an elevation in their joint cooperation strategy, part of which includes Cadillac’s complete support for ‘The Great Achievement of Founding the Party’ blockbuster film. They also began the ‘Young Director Program’ cooperative strategy series. This indicates that Cadillac and China Film Group will deepen and diversify their cooperation into the future.”

The scary part is that GM implies that this Communist propaganda movie is just the beginning of the relationship. China is kicking off a propaganda push this summer that is expected to include numerous films. GM needs to distance itself from this quickly, and ensure the American public that no support – financial or otherwise—will go toward these movies.

www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/05/17/gm-sponsors-chi-com-propaganda-film/

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
The American taxpayers own 33 percent of General Motors, but that hasn’t stopped the company from cozying up to the Chinese Communist Party. According to the Washington Times’s Kerry Picket, GM is sponsoring a propaganda film produced by the Chinese government:

In late 2010, General Motors agreed to sponsor a propaganda film celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The CCP made film titled (translated to English) “The Birth of a Party” or “The Great Achievement of Founding the Party” is set to premiere all over the Communist nation on June 15.

Here is the appallingly fawning statement about the film that was reportedly posted on the Shanghai GM website (translation via the Epoch Times):

“Cadillac and the China Film Group grandly announced an elevation in their joint cooperation strategy, part of which includes Cadillac’s complete support for ‘The Great Achievement of Founding the Party’ blockbuster film. They also began the ‘Young Director Program’ cooperative strategy series. This indicates that Cadillac and China Film Group will deepen and diversify their cooperation into the future.”

The scary part is that GM implies that this Communist propaganda movie is just the beginning of the relationship. China is kicking off a propaganda push this summer that is expected to include numerous films. GM needs to distance itself from this quickly, and ensure the American public that no support – financial or otherwise—will go toward these movies.

www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/05/17/gm-sponsors-chi-com-propaganda-film/
Considering that China has a business philosophy that is 100 times more capitalistic than here in the US, I don't blame them.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Preacher my friend, GM is growing much faster in China than they are here. No one seems to give a **** about Chinas Cummunism when they are buying cheap **** from wallmart. And everytime I bring up wallmarts devestation of our manufacturing sector in favor of Chinas manufacturing sector all of you guys say the unions are forcing them to do it. I am of the oppinion that unions are the closest thing we have to communism in this country, but wallmart is actualy building up the manufacturing sector of an actual communist country, and you guys seem fine with that. If you are fine with that, then why are you against GM trying to build it's product appeal in China???? It seems again that you guys are anti GM because they have unions, and you are pro wallmart because they are don't have unions. But the problem is that at least GM still builds things here. Hell they are even starting to export cars to China rather than only importing things from China.

I certainly hate China and their communist ways, but if we can start bringing some of our cash back from there in the form of exports and products sold there....I am all for it and any methods needed to accomplish it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand all that prior to posting. I always do. It's just news to me, brother. Nothing more nothing less. Much like most of what I post. It was interesting... could make for a lively debate. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts