Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I never used VY, but have used quicksilver and black and they seem to really match well. But everyone I talk to says that the VY is extremely dificult to match. I'd think if it's just a small spot it would be alright. Or maybe just try a tiny area and see if it matches your particular color blend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've used the GM VY touchup. Unlike the old millenium yellow touchup (which was very dull and didn't match), the Velocity Yellow seems to match fairly well but is very thin, doesn't cover well. Its ok for touching up tiny stone chips but doesn't cover larger chips very well, takes several coats, probably should be wetsanded afterwards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank u thats all i needed to hear i will order it then apply it, then use the langka system to eliminate the blob. just glad it atleast matches

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've used the GM VY touchup. Unlike the old millenium yellow touchup (which was very dull and didn't match), the Velocity Yellow seems to match fairly well but is very thin, doesn't cover well. Its ok for touching up tiny stone chips but doesn't cover larger chips very well, takes several coats, probably should be wetsanded afterwards.
Does GM have new millenium yellow touchup that does match, or do you mean that the touch up paint for the old C6 yellow (millenium yellow) is not a match?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the touch up VY paint today, applied it to the chip and although a little watery its a damn good match, so i was pleasantly surprised.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts