Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if its been posted yet.

In May, GM filed a trademark application for the word "STINGRAY" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for use on "Motor land vehicles, namely, automobiles." Is Chevy transforming the Corvette into a real split-window Stingray for the seventh generation?

http://jalopnik.com/5627560/gm-trademarks-stingray-name

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Don't know if its been posted yet.

In May, GM filed a trademark application for the word "STINGRAY" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for use on "Motor land vehicles, namely, automobiles." Is Chevy transforming the Corvette into a real split-window Stingray for the seventh generation?

http://jalopnik.com/5627560/gm-trademarks-stingray-name
I'm a little surprised that wasn't done already.:huh:

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
This could purely be for the purpose of merchandise....

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
GM already announced that there will be a split window option on the C7, so I'm surprised that "Stingray" wasn't already a trademark for them.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
GM already announced that there will be a split window option on the C7, so I'm surprised that "Stingray" wasn't already a trademark for them.
I seriously doubt there will be a split window C7. There is good reason that the original only existed for one year. Even with all the backup cameras money can buy, it's just not a smart idea.

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I seriously doubt there will be a split window C7. There is good reason that the original only existed for one year. Even with all the backup cameras money can buy, it's just not a smart idea.
There was an article in December 2009, whereas Ed Welburn, the Head of Global Design for GM, indicated that the C7 will have a split window option as he indicated they got around the design issues preventing it. Some have gone on to speculate that if the C7 bows in 2013, the split window option could be made available as a 50th anniversary package to the original 1963 option. Perhaps Z06 specific.

However, even that article from 10 months ago now appears to be in jeopardy due to the current economic conditions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why would they need to protect the fiero name?:smack Anyone who had one doesn't want to be within 100 foot of those ticking time bombs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why would they need to protect the fiero name?:smack Anyone who had one doesn't want to be within 100 foot of those ticking time bombs.
hey i had one!!!!! And i loved it!!!!! until it blew up lol. I want another one thought, for an LT1 or L98 swap or some kind of 8 cylinder.

but they trademarked it for merchandising is my guess, but also at the time there were rumors of a twin turbo 3.6 hardtop solstice named Fiero. not coupe, hardtop.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I remember all the hating the C7 got at first I bet no one will say that when it comes out. At this point we know what the name and look will be. Fricking sexy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts