Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey that sounds like fun. If I had any room left for hobbies I might try that. It would be a whole lot cheaper than racing Corvettes.:D

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey that sounds like fun. If I had any room left for hobbies I might try that. It would be a whole lot cheaper than racing Corvettes.:D

Yeah. I've been bitten by the race bug big time. I want to buy a kart and run it while I start planning for my track Vette. It will take me a few years to get that put together, so I need something to do in the mean time. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Almost the most fun you can have with your clothes on!:D

Take a trip down to the local kart track and talk to some of the guys. They'd be more than happy to show off some of their equipment and provide some guidance. There is a class for most budgets, from 4 strokes to shifters. They may even let you try one out before you plunk your money down. Generally might not a good idea to start in a shifter though. Insane fast!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
A childhood friend of mine's father got us into Karts when I was in my late teens and early twenties. I am far too big of a person to have been competitive. It is not inexpensive if that is what you are looking for. Lotsa travelling to the different tracks (Road America, Mid Ohio, Daytona, etc..) Not to mention parts, and registration. It is a definite commitment if you want to be competitive. A good shifter kart can cost you $10,000 and if you go to all of the events you will spend another 10K in parts and maintenence. Maybe 15K in travelling, lodging, food, etc.............

I lost it at Daytona in a shifter kart @ 90mph and have never gotten into a kart since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts