Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
just proves you can give a guy a 100million dollar contract but you can't take the getto out of him.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It seems like killing dogs is worse than people nowadays.....:lookinup:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
It seems like killing dogs is worse than people nowadays.....:lookinup:
I think it's the nature of the killing (electrocution, beating, throwing) that raises such angst.

Perhaps you're right, though - if he and his thug friends had been involved in ritual gang shootings, perhaps there wouldn't have been as much of an outcry.

Stevn

·
Registered
759 Posts
dogs are innocent, people are not

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Ain't that something... but when it effects that particular individual directly, their human life suddenly means everything. How can a society (of humans) dictate anything of merit if it can't even properly value their own human life.
Human life should be regarded as most precious, unquestionably. But as has already been said, dogs are innocent, people are not. The outcry is because we all know this.

Animals as food, animals as providers of 'necessities', regardless of which side of the fence you're on these are debates where arguments of merit can be made. Cruelty and brutality toward any species, especially otherwise innocent, for the sole purpose of fleeting entertainment is ****ing rediculous. And personally continuing and escalating that brutailty even beyond the 'entertainment' (simply as a result of dissatisfaction with the 'show')... C'mon.

So the human comparison, well, allow me...

A father raises a son to be vicious, hateful and physically violent without remorse, puts that kid in a fight with another similarly raised kid, and they fight to the death, or worse, near death, then the father kills the 'losing' kid with equal or greater brutality for his 'lack of performance'... and then without another thought starts the whole things again with another son... yeah, I'm thinking we'll have an outcry there too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
well said! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Wow!!

Human life should be regarded as most precious, unquestionably. But as has already been said, dogs are innocent, people are not. The outcry is because we all know this.

Animals as food, animals as providers of 'necessities', regardless of which side of the fence you're on these are debates where arguments of merit can be made. Cruelty and brutality toward any species, especially otherwise innocent, for the sole purpose of fleeting entertainment is ****ing rediculous. And personally continuing and escalating that brutailty even beyond the 'entertainment' (simply as a result of dissatisfaction with the 'show')... C'mon.

So the human comparison, well, allow me...

A father raises a son to be vicious, hateful and physically violent without remorse, puts that kid in a fight with another similarly raised kid, and they fight to the death, or worse, near death, then the father kills the 'losing' kid with equal or greater brutality for his 'lack of performance'... and then without another thought starts the whole things again with another son... yeah, I'm thinking we'll have an outcry there too.
Very Well Written - "Does anyone else have anymore questions?".....:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Human life should be regarded as most precious, unquestionably. But as has already been said, dogs are innocent, people are not.
Would you say that a dog has the ability to even be guilty, as humans do? I'd assume that by your statement, dogs are innocent, that they do not have the ability to be guilty, as a human does. While humans are certainly not perfect, let's not overlook that fact that humans can unquestionably be innocent in a given situation. Otherwise our entire system of law and order should just be thrown out the window.

Schuyler made a great observation and its just very interesting how our society reacts to the news as its presented. I'd agree with you, human life should be regarded as the most precious. If human life is regarded highest, than in turn I'd say one should also value the other life on Earth in terms of necessity, resource and efficiency. And at no place does dog fighting play into those categories... it's a horrible waste.

The human comparison only works if you place dogs and humans on the same value, to which we already agreed human life is most precious. Vick's celebrity status and previous "media darling" status helps make this growing story a hot lead. Dog fighting is certainly as barbaric and wasteful as they come, it's just interesting how people react to that type of story compared to violence against innocent human life. That's all. I believe this is what OldVetteFan, Schuyler and myself are alluding to.

I think gangs should just all buy Corvettes and settle their disagreements like we do. VetteDog style!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
So what is the difference between a football game and a Dog fight... Lets see

Football
Players spend hours in the hot sun being training to...
grab, throw, jump on, tackle, some times bite, break bones, scar, scratch, kick, slug, and have some times killed each other for the entertainment and profit of others.

For this they get money...

Dogfights
Dogs spend hours in the hot sun being trained to...
jump on, tackle, bite, break bones, scar, scratch, and have some times killed each other for the entertainment and profit of others.

For this they get Food...

So all we have to do to make Cruelty to dogs legal is to pay them.

Don't get me wrong If I see you mistreating anamal or human, I don't think you will like the action I take on you...

The point is if you teach some one cruelty you will get cruelty in return.

Just my point of view.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
So what is the difference between a football game and a Dog fight... Lets see

Football
Players spend hours in the hot sun being training to...
grab, throw, jump on, tackle, some times bite, break bones, scar, scratch, kick, slug, and have some times killed each other for the entertainment and profit of others.

For this they get money...

Dogfights
Dogs spend hours in the hot sun being trained to...
jump on, tackle, bite, break bones, scar, scratch, and have some times killed each other for the entertainment and profit of others.

For this they get Food...

So all we have to do to make Cruelty to dogs legal is to pay them.

Don't get me wrong If I see you mistreating anamal or human, I don't think you will like the action I take on you...

The point is if you teach some one cruelty you will get cruelty in return.

Just my point of view.
an interesting point Ivan, and I'd venture to say there is likely truth in there. But did the dog get the choice to be in the fight? This debate could go forever, and it will. I just can't help feel that when we decide to domesticate an animal, we take on a care-giving responsibility.

I'll never defend Mike Tyson, but I've shared similar thoughts as you have here, is his behavior in some way influenced by his career and the training it took to get there? I'm sure it didn't help. He was probably is some way prone to such behavior anyway, but the violence in his day-to-day life certainly will have helped bring it out. Like I said, on one hand this is a complicated issue, and spreads quickly outside the confines of dog-fighting specifically, but this event is simple. Cruelty, especially aimed at those (human or otherwise) that so ironically rely on the mistreaters for care, can not be tolerated.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IM so glad so many people are as passionate about this as i am. here is how i feel.

people (not all)

1. care what you look like
2. would keep 20 extra in change if the cashier made a mistake
3. care what you drive
4. care what you wear
5. care where you work
we are political, stubborn, selfish, materialistic, and sometimes just damn rude and mean to each other BUT when we get attacked as a country we bond together hold hands and fight as if we were all brothers and sisters.

dogs.
1. dont care what you drive
2. could care less about money hell there gonna chew it up anyways
3. just want to ride in a car dont care if its a vette or chevette
4. dont know what clothes are they are naked anyways
5. dont know what work is, they think work is frisbee and ball
6. will love you 10 seconds after you scold them, they know when you are happy, sad, sick, excited. and they are always so happy to see you whenm you get home. wether you were gone 5 minutes or 5 months.

I love the human race but I promise you that if most people were standing beside me and we were attacked they would run, my dog would give his life for me! I love dogs and thank you God for giving us such a creature that can heal almost anything.

besides dont most people that torture dogs end up killing a human at sometime in their life. you wann talk gross see the movie "THE HOSTILE"

VICK I HOPE YOU ROT IN JAIL!

my dog!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for a great post Mike!! Nice Dog!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
07-Z51

great looking dog..

Cmon dog lovers post a pic of your dog

my dogs name is Buddy

·
Registered
759 Posts

the German Shepard's name is Brego and the Dane/Lab + is Bela! they love vettes! and they Hate Michael Vick!
He was a pretty lousy QB anyway, couldn't read a D to save his life! :down:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Woooo Bassist, Nice New Avatar!!!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey Ivan, Who's the old guy you're leaning on :huh:

Woops thats you now I see the dog :laughing:
Bring it on you young bucks I still got a few good years left.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.