Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again DC. Well it didn't take long at all for me to start to mess with the Z06, I got industrious and took out the front bolts (sprayed bed liner as precaution) and put the rear bolts with 2 threads left. Now I need longer rear bolts, rocker guards, and frame savers up front. Then I don't know what I`ll do. I was thinking maybe some cosmetic upgrades since I don't really need any more power than its got. Plus I`m looking for another ls engine for a little build I`m planning :partyon:. Anyways enjoy the teaser cell shots and i`ll update with some real pics and measurements this weekend after she settles down and gets all the way low. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
you need to replace the rear bolts with some 6 1/2" bolts to even it out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to replace the rear bolts with some 6 1/2" bolts to even it out
Longer bolts are on the way. I`m just impatient and wanted to get rid of the 4x4 status now :smack

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will look great, just get ready to get very intimate with curbs.:laughing:

haha its just an air dam it bends :smack as long as I dont hit the bumper it self i`m ok with a little scrape for the sake of looks. :partyon:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Do it right and install coilovers, now you're going to need new shorter shocks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do it right and install coilovers, now you're going to need new shorter shocks.
I really don't drive the car aggressively at all, honestly I drive like a grandma lol. I highly doubt I`m going to be bottoming out my factory shocks, the car sees no track time, gets driven typically on the weekends, and If I hit something large enough/hard enough to bottom out the shocks then I have bigger problems to worry about. I will get shorter shocks down the road though. I plan on getting the pfadt inverted shocks next. I would never put coilovers on a car that sees no track time. To me that is a waste of money I can put shorter shocks and lower mine plenty and save almost 1000 to put towards something else. Not trying to sound like an ass here just putting in my opinion so hope I didn't offend and I appreciate all opinions as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
who sells these shorter shocks????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only ones i`ve seen that are shorter are the pfadt inverted adjustable shocks. I also haven't read about anyone having issues with bottoming out the stock shocks either though under normal safe driving circumstances.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
the only ones i`ve seen that are shorter are the pfadt inverted adjustable shocks. I also haven't read about anyone having issues with bottoming out the stock shocks either though under normal safe driving circumstances.
I believe the Bilstiens are 1" shorter.

I used to bottom out my stock shocks all the time on the street when my car was lowered to the max on stock bolts. :huh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the Bilstiens are 1" shorter.

I used to bottom out my stock shocks all the time on the street when my car was lowered to the max on stock bolts. :huh:

I didnt see a measurement on the bilstiens so I wasnt sure on those. I haven't bottomed out at all so far but there again most of my driving is going 25mph on base, or just a short jump on the highway. The upgraded shocks will come though. :thumbsup:
Did you bottom out under normal driving or was it during "spirited" drives? My vette has yet to see a "spirited" drive and it will be that way until I can afford to take it to a track and upgrade it for such occasions.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:surprised nice setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice ride. You don't need longer rear bolts. Cut the 2 bushing in half and you have more than enough adjustment.
:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts