Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I went out to a dragstrip for the first time on Monday. Had an AWESOME time! My dad went about 4 times and his first time was 8.8 sec at 81 MPH (Its a 1/8 mile). Is that a decent time for a beginner driver driving a 1998 with only exhaust and intake done?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
That's so-so.

I hit 86 mph for 12.8x's.... I hit 83 mph for low 13's.... 81 mph is probably mid 13's. Does he have the 2.xx rear gear?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
tell him to go more,he can do better.that sucks it's only an 1/8th mile.the second half of the 1/4 mile,is when the c5 is really going..

My 1/8th mile is 8.669 @ 86 mph,and that is with a crappy 2.35 60 ft.the whole run was 13.40 @ 106 mph.most tracks hook much better then ours,thats why i think your dad can still do better.he should be able to better my numbers.like i said many time's before,our track SUCKS big-time....tell him it's your turn.. :laughing: oh,my car is an auto with 3:15s....

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You see his is a six speed and like I said, it was his first time. He could have done better but he just hasnt gotten the hang of it yet. He spins the tires too much when bringing it off the line. And I dont know jack squat about gears so I dont know what gears they are Patrick. I'll ask and find out later. But he/we had a awesome time! Will do it again REAL soon. But first we are gonna take it out to VIR (Virginia International Raceway) in November...cant wait for that!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
the 6-speeds came with 3:45s..or 3:42s i can never remember.
believe me i know how hard the c5 is to launch with the run-flats.took me a while.the 6-speed even harder.he can do much better.it will take a few times though.bare with him..:thumbsup: will he let you try?.....:smokin:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
the 6-speeds came with 3:45s..or 3:42s i can never remember.
believe me i know how hard the c5 is to launch with the run-flats.took me a while.the 6-speed even harder.he can do much better.it will take a few times though.bare with him..:thumbsup: will he let you try?.....:smokin:<br>

He nolonger has the runcraps on, he now has Nittos on. But no, he wont, well...atleast not yet!:D

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
i think with more practice,he will do much better....
try to tell him you can launch better than him,maybe he'll let you try..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
drag racing times

Put dragforce drag radials on the car 270/35/18's. Do a very good burn out. Once you see smoke count to five. 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand. You get the point and dump do not slip the clutch dump it at 4500 you hook and run high 12's in the 1/4. I did this to my 02 coupe and it runs 12.60's. The only mods are the drag radials and taking the cover off the airbox and ziptieing a k&n filter. You will have to powershift the car. To run the fast times you have to drive it like you stole it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts