Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, does this look like a good deal, I talked to the guy and he seems like a pretty honost guy, do you guys think this is a good deal, or do you think it is maybe too much??? Thanks

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Sounds like he's got $5,000 or more in the engine...... Why is he selling it..... What's wrong with it ..... sounds too good to be true to me!!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
JCswm said:
Sounds like he's got $5,000 or more in the engine...... Why is he selling it..... What's wrong with it ..... sounds too good to be true to me!!
:agree:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Paint looks rought/faded...looks like he has a lot into the enigine. I'd ask:

1. Paint shape.
2. VIN, might be salvage
3. Who built the engine with receipts and if a warranty. No offense to those that build them at home, but you never know...
4. History on the car

Just for a start....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If your willing to do some work and spend some $$, it looks like a great deal to me!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Looks like a good deal, you'll have plenty to do on it, but thats ok. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
ChiMan said:
Paint looks rought/faded...looks like he has a lot into the enigine. I'd ask:

1. Paint shape.
2. VIN, might be salvage
3. Who built the engine with receipts and if a warranty. No offense to those that build them at home, but you never know...
4. History on the car

Just for a start....
Yup.. I think is sounds like a good deal.. I think I would def. check on the paint.. and make sure it has a clean title...
-Rick

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
jon6535 said:
Hi everyone, does this look like a good deal, I talked to the guy and he seems like a pretty honost guy, do you guys think this is a good deal, or do you think it is maybe too much??? Thanks
the raptor trams is a killer,as for motor check what has been done .the claim of all that HP could just be a carrot on the string.Milage well thats hard to say,if true on engine,well thats not even broken in.that much HP cost so beware:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
A friend bought a cherry 74 one time,checked this thing out big time,price was good,come to find out later,had a bent frame.:( What a pisser....:down:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
buying

I am flying down to california to buy this vette on saterday. They guy seems real honost, and carfax came back with a good report, the car has about 180,000 miles on it, buy only 5000 on hte engine and tranny. This guy says he wants to buy a new car, thats why he is selling it, the paint is faded from the sun, and the seats have a rip in them, but all that I can fix if everything else is pretty good with the car. He emailed me like 20 more pics, and they all seem like the car was pretty well maintained. So I will le t you guys know how it is when i get back from california, hopefully it will be with my very first vette, i cant wait....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: buying

jon6535 said:
I am flying down to california to buy this vette on saterday. They guy seems real honost, and carfax came back with a good report, the car has about 180,000 miles on it, buy only 5000 on hte engine and tranny. This guy says he wants to buy a new car, thats why he is selling it, the paint is faded from the sun, and the seats have a rip in them, but all that I can fix if everything else is pretty good with the car. He emailed me like 20 more pics, and they all seem like the car was pretty well maintained. So I will le t you guys know how it is when i get back from california, hopefully it will be with my very first vette, i cant wait....
Good Luck, and GODSPEED...
-Rick

Forgot to mention.. just remmber don't let the fact that it's a vette and all the excitement keep you from making the right choices.. I've done it.. my friends have done it.. look at all the flaws and issues and consider them before buying it.. also remmber your not obligated to purchase it... if you get there and you see it's a hunk of junk then pass on it and fly home.. other then that I wish you good luck and I hope it's what you want and is in decent shape..
-Rick

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Here's one i'm going to use next time a buy a used car,i'm going to ask if i can run a hose over the car for a few minutes and check for leaks.I bought my 89 a while ago,and like vette tech 81 said,i was so wound up about the car i forgot to check the lights,sure enough,had a droppy headlight.
You will catch the vette fever,have fun...:buhbye:

·
Registered
2 Posts
if it indeed makes 400 hp... and that is the original rear end, it could possibly be damaged
D36's arent the strongest... and wear out by the time you hit 180k miles
likewise, check u-joints and wheel bearings.. those tend to go bad also, especially when you start making more power

PS: plan on replacing the seat covers and weatherstripping

1 - 17 of 17 Posts