Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today out of nowhere I sold my car locally. I had been trying to sell it, and it just came from sitting out in an area where people park their cars for sale. A young girl bought it for her husband and 8 month old baby to enjoy as a mother's day gift to herself. I am glad to see it go to a good home, and it stays local for to see it out. I should be moving on to a ZO6 here soon. I would like to thank everyone that has ever helped me out with my C4. Anytime I can help I'll stop by and help out. So again, thanks...:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,981 Posts
High upkeep on the C5? I'm just beginning to learn about them.

I see your car is rare. Is there a Corvette that isn't? :laughing:
Yea it's rare, when is the last time you saw a red C-4:lookinup: :laughing:

I wouldn't say the upkeep on a C-5 is overly expensive modding them is what I was talking about. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea it's rare, when is the last time you saw a red C-4:lookinup: :laughing:

I wouldn't say the upkeep on a C-5 is overly expensive modding them is what I was talking about. :thumbsup:
:laughing: I was gonna say Raid...I never had to many problem's with my '87 and I put over 100k (only had to replace the alternator) on that car in 8 years! Since I've owned my '00 the only thing I've had to do was change the oil. :partyon:

James
1N189

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Your original post makes it sound like since your 88 is gone that you can no longer post here on DC. I must've missed that clause in the site agreement when I signed up. :huh: :laughing:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
I'm sure you'll miss your C4, I've had two and miss them both, they're just cool cars and nothing else feels like one. But you'll love the C5Z, my favorite car I've ever owned, once you get into one you'll enjoy the hell out of it. A Vette is a Vette by any gen, year, color or equipment. Enjoy the next chapter:thumbsup: Looks like you did OK on the sale:cheers:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the Z06:cheers:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You did pretty well on the Vette, wish I could do the same. I'm still trying to sell mine and move up to a C5 myself.

Need pics when you get your next one!! :laughing:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. :cheers:

Oh. I'll def still post in the C4 area.

The market is really rough for these cars. I have had mind for sale for over a year off and on and finally the magic number just hit which was my bottom dollar. They are truly under valued at this point. It's hard to believe people will pay as much for an ATV as they will a Corvette that is a little older, but that's Economics for you. If anyone ever wanted that year model of Corvette they should jump in now if they have the funds.

I'm pretty anxious about the Z. It's like having the excitement all over again. Now I just have the great debate of colors. It's pretty much Blue,Red, and Silver. Which ever one comes along at a nice price with good miles. I'm really starting to like Silver. The red I'm kind of worn out on.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am beyond irritated right now. The girl was going to buy my car, backed out. I had the title and all the documentation. She waited till the last minute. So, I guess I'll have to keep the car for a little longer.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I am beyond irritated right now. The girl was going to buy my car, backed out. I had the title and all the documentation. She waited till the last minute. So, I guess I'll have to keep the car for a little longer.
:WTF That really sucks! You'll find the right buyer, who knows she may change her mind again.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
165 Posts
did she say there was anything that could change her mind? Maybe the support of thousands of other C4 lovers on a great forum would help her feel more secure......

or a tank of gas per week for a month.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, today out of nowhere I sold my car locally. I had been trying to sell it, and it just came from sitting out in an area where people park their cars for sale. A young girl bought it for her husband and 8 month old baby to enjoy as a mother's day gift to herself. I am glad to see it go to a good home, and it stays local for to see it out. I should be moving on to a ZO6 here soon. I would like to thank everyone that has ever helped me out with my C4. Anytime I can help I'll stop by and help out. So again, thanks...👍
My 92 C4 was a dream realized, when I traded it several years ago on a 2014 C7 ragtop I really missed it. I went for the C7 because I got tired of the overheating anxiety and learned the C8 would not have a manual transmission.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts