Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a Goodyear store to look at some Eagle GT II tires in case I go the 15 inch route. They had only 2 tires in the back and can't get anymore. They said they were being phased out, and they were looking at me kind of funny that I would even be looking at these tires :laughing: I'm 45 so I didn't think I was THAT old :crazy: I guess BF Goodrich will get all the market share which is what I have on my stock rally wheels. Oh well. Kinda sad, but I guess technology is moving on. :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
BFG was the only tire I could find for the 15" on my 1977, besides truck tires.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
You act like BFG's are bad tires....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no Hardcore, I love BFG's. I was just killing some time and I just wanted to compare the two in person since I see both on cars around the forum. I'm just a car nut so I'm not happy unless I'm always fooling with and comparing something. ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm also looking around for 15-inch tires too. The Firestone shop in Menonomee Falls,WI (Milwaukee area) claims the Firehawk Indy 500 line of tires is being phased out too.....

:lookinup:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I like the BFG so far on the 77 :thumbsup: BFG/Michelin make good tires. I run BFG KDW on the 07 Vette.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I like the BFG so far on the 77 :thumbsup: BFG/Michelin make good tires. I run BFG KDW on the 07 Vette.
I have the KDW II's on my '00 vette and KDW's on my '91 z28. great tire, and great tread life- over 30k on each car with them on. Just wish they had a little more grip....but from a 10 year old tread/rubber design....

·
Registered
636 Posts
It's my experience that Goodyear almost purposely tries to refuse my business. Either they don't make sizes I want to buy (such as for the Corvette), or they overprice their other tires (that fit my truck) so much that I end up buying my tires from their competition.

If they want my business (and money) they need to change their business model. (Yes, I know they won't, and my money will continue to go elsewhere.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Interesting info. I went with a set of Firestone Firehawk 295/50x15's for one of my "NASCAR themed" (non-Corvette) projects when BFG's of the same size were on backorder (fall of '09). I'm also disappointed these tires are being phased out because I strongly prefer 15" tires (on wider than original wheels) on '60's muscle cars. Guess I'm "old school" but then my age reflects that anyway....LOL.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Would you mind posting a photo of them on your '76? I've also considered Mickey's for my '79 as well....

Don't hesitate to get them. They are more expensive than pretty much any other 15" tire besides the Mickey Thompson SRs, but they are worth it. They grip much better than the BFG radials and Firestone Indy 500s I had before, especially in turns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to a Goodyear store to look at some Eagle GT II tires in case I go the 15 inch route. They had only 2 tires in the back and can't get anymore. They said they were being phased out, and they were looking at me kind of funny that I would even be looking at these tires :laughing: I'm 45 so I didn't think I was THAT old :crazy: I guess BF Goodrich will get all the market share which is what I have on my stock rally wheels. Oh well. Kinda sad, but I guess technology is moving on. :buhbye:
have you tried searching online for them...i bet you will get it :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Spezzy your car is sitting real nice. How about some suspension info. (Sorry this is off topic).
VBP 550lb front springs and 420lb rear using the bolts provided. Bilstein Sports all around. Don't use OE shocks with the rear spring.. Car handles great. It's my daily driver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts