Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa, Whoa Whoa....

Where's the shrinking govt and spending cuts?
This is just tax payer increases, and attacks on the middle class, children, elderly and poor.:crazy:
and there wont be any single mom's in the country that will survive this onslaught. :WTF

House passes huge GOP budget cuts, opposing Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_spend...Ec2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDaG91c2VwYXNzZXNo

WASHINGTON – In a prelude to a summer showdown with President Barack Obama, Republicans controlling the House pushed to passage on Friday a bold but politically dangerous budget blueprint to slash social safety net programs like food stamps and Medicaid and fundamentally restructure Medicare health care for the elderly.
The nonbinding plan lays out a fiscal vision cutting $6.2 trillion from yearly federal deficits over the coming decade and calls for transforming Medicare from a program in which the government directly pays medical bills into a voucher-like system that subsidizes purchases of private insurance plans
The GOP budget passed 235-193 with every Democrat voting "no." Obama said in an Associated Press interview that it would "make Medicare into a voucher program. That's something that we strongly object to."
The vote sets up the Republicans' next round of confrontation with Obama and Democrats over must-pass legislation to allow the government to borrow more money to finance its operations and obligations to holders of U.S. bonds. For the first time, Obama acknowledged that raising the debt limit is "not going to happen without some spending cuts" insisted upon by Republicans and some Democrats.
The vote came on the same day Obama signed a hard-fought six-month spending bill that averted a government shutdown while cutting $38 billion from the government. Struck last week, the compromise was the first between the White House and the emboldened Republican majority in the House."

more..."

Cool.
Now were gonna have a nation with 30 percent unemployment, homes worth 3k, and Hoovervilles everywhere.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Cool.
Now were gonna have a nation with 30 percent unemployment, homes worth 3k, and Hoovervilles everywhere.:rolleyes:
wow, really? talk about a major over-exageration....tell the kool-aid man to leave and take a breath....the sky is NOT falling, nobody is being killed or hurt here. Were these same people any worse off in 2008 at the 2008 level of spending? No, they were just as well off as they are now- they just might have been better off in 2008 too. Class warfare and fear are the tools of the desperate.

You pass the liberal kool-aid around as if the world will end if everyone does not like the flavor. I have yet to see you offer any serious, thought thru alternatives to changing a program that will consume the entire federal revenue in a decade or so. We all know that the fed govt is the least efficeint entity there is. State govts are far more capable at managing this program for their states than the fed govt is.

have you actually read the bill, done any research of your own or are you just blindly following obamao's opinion on it?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Says the guyz that will get Vet Aid for the rest of their life.....:rolleyes:

yawn....

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
really, you are going to compare veterans benefits to social welfare benefits and entitlement programs?

You deffinately are desperate to win an argument....

·
Registered
120 Posts
really, you are going to compare veterans benefits to social welfare benefits and entitlement programs?

You deffinately are desperate to win an argument....
:agree: There is a HUGE difference in working for ones benefits and some welfare recipient sitting on their ass with their hand out.

work, just another 4 letter word to a Lib.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

You definitely are desperate to win an argument....
Well said !

They did have their hand out... bitching and gripping over how much everybody else has. They earned it. They deserve it more then you or I do.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I really gotta wonder about the misconceptions people have about the military. Here are some I hear all the time:

myth: you are in the military so you have a lot of money
truth: most in the military are below the poverty line

myth: when you retire, your pension is huge
truth: it is about what a walmart greeter makes a year

myth: our free healthcare is awesome
truth: it was considered sub-standard care under obama care, and has far lower quality treatment than the free clinic in town

myth: you dont need disability pay
truth: why should we not be compensated for disabilities that we got in the line of duty? I, for example, have not had a pain free day because of my back since I got hurt in Iraq in '04. I will be lucky if I am still walking by the time I am 50.

myth: the va is a great healthcare institution
fact: every vet would rather NOT use the va if they didnt have to

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:agree: There is a HUGE difference in working for ones benefits and some welfare recipient sitting on their ass with their hand out.

work, just another 4 letter word to a Lib.
And how many medicaid, medicare, and social security users work for a living, or have, for most of their life?

Your painting a false picture here.

There is no difference between the single mom that is employed, the retiree, the sick, the recession unemployed, and the american veteran.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have yet to see you offer any serious, thought thru alternatives to changing a program that will consume the entire federal revenue in a decade or so.
I have repeatly offered solutions.

You need to pay better attention.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
no, you give 1 line remarks like "cut this by X%", ect. you complain about what you see are problems, but like most you offer no solution.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
And how many medicaid, medicare, and social security users work for a living, or have, for most of their life?
If you've ever held a legitimate job that paid a legitimate salary, and had the standard government mandated deductions and taxes withheld, you've paid into those programs. So, that would be just about everybody with a real job...about 50% of the workforce. 50% have paid into it, 50% have lived off it.
Do you know how Medicaid is funded?
Do you know how Medicare is funded?
Do you know how Social Security is funded?
Do you know the difference between SSI and SSD?
Do you know how SSI and SSD handle payouts to survivors of deceased dependants?
Do you understand the reforms being proposed by Ryan?
Do you understand the tax reforms being proposed by Ryan and how they will keep large corps like GE from operating tax free on $14 billion in profit, and how this 'lost tax revenue' will be repatriated back into our economy to maintain these services you are so unwilling to give up?
Do you understand that with the current form of taxation and revenue income that all these services you don't want to give up will implode in 5 yrs. and won't be around at all?

Your painting a false picture here.
It's not the picutre that's false, it's the interpretation.

There is no difference between the single mom that is employed, the retiree, the sick, the recession unemployed, and the american veteran.
Wrong again....big difference. The only commonality in the context of this thread being, they all have no visible means of support...that they are the 50% of the 'workforce that is living off of the above welfare programs.

1) Single mom. No reason a single mom can't get a job and provide for herself and child/children/current live in lover/etc. Hey, I feel bad she had a run of bad luck and her husband ran out and left her with the check. Maybe her ex was an asshole, a dumb kid, ran off with his secretary, is in prison, or is dead. So, she's the victim of bad decisons...so are a lot of people. I've made some bad choices in my life, picked myself up, moved on and tried not to make the same mistake again. I was also a single father for a while, so I know what single moms go through. It's horrible, but you work your way out of it, and maybe get some help along the way. Health issues? That's what medicaid is for.

2)Retiree. Big difference between a retire and a single mom. As a forced retiree, I can tell you that I don't live off of SSI/SSD as my sole source of income. That's what financial planning is for. I don't depend on Medicare for my sole source of medical treatment issues either. For the same reason as above.

3) Social Security users. Not even sure what that one means...I do happen to recieve SSD through my wife as one source of income...now if and when that goes away, it will, I won't be grovelling in a hole under a bridge, cooking squirrels because I made some tough choices and made some financial plans to help me with my life when I retired so I didn't have to depend on someone else.

I don't happen to agree that the American Veteran is just sitting around nursing his 'battle wounds' either.

One last thing you fail to understand, as I see it. The best 'welfare plan', one that is better than all the government welfare plans cited above, is a job.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Die quickly and poor.

You see, by raising the cost to the poor and elderly (most of whom worked for one of the wealthy people much of their lives) they are rationing their healthcare by way of affordability. Bleed them dry and dead so there will be nothing to pass on to their children THEN try to wipe out the income tax from poor estate planning so that those with the money will be able to keep it all to themselves.

It wouldn't be so bad if the chips weren't so stacked against upstart businesses in favor of the mega corps.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Tsavo, everyonce in a while you have flashes of brilliance. Yes, it is unfortunate the odds are stacked against small business. I completely agree with you that it needs to change. Small business is the #1 producer of jobs in the country.

but you killed your flash of brilliance with you saying the right wants people to die quickly and poor. Quite the opposite is true- we WANT EVERYONE to make money, we just want them to earn it and not get it because they sit home unwilling to work. Hey, if you are unwilling to provide for yourself then you deserve what you get.

You have this impression that the rich horde all their money for themselves. The top 2% pay 50% of the taxes already and 1/5 the country pays NOTHING for income tax. Does the tax code need to be re-written? absolutely no question about it. But to want to re-write by just raising taxes on the wealthy is not how to do it. They became wealthy for a reason- they understand money, understand how to make it and how to keep it. Raise their tax rate too much, they will stop keeping money in the US system and do all their banking off-shore and such to keep their money. Then what- oh yea, its the middle class that will be left holding the check because the evil rich people left

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1) Single mom. No reason a single mom can't get a job and provide for herself and child/children/current live in lover/etc.
:rolling:

where did I say that the single mom was unemployed?
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Your waaay split up with your topics, and need to refine.
Your just throwing things out there.
:laughing:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have this impression that the rich horde all their money for themselves. The top 2% pay 50% of the taxes already and 1/5 the country pays NOTHING for income tax. Does the tax code need to be re-written? absolutely no question about it. But to want to re-write by just raising taxes on the wealthy is not how to do it. They became wealthy for a reason- they understand money, understand how to make it and how to keep it. Raise their tax rate too much, they will stop keeping money in the US system and do all their banking off-shore and such to keep their money. Then what- oh yea, its the middle class that will be left holding the check because the evil rich people left
part of the problem, yes, but....

more on topic would be REAL govt cuts that are not sidesteps, that attack the middle class and poor, while wealthy get bailouts and subsidies.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
1) Single mom. No reason a single mom can't get a job and provide for herself and child/children/current live in lover/etc.
Let's see... The median HOUSEHOLD income in this country for the lower 95% is around $17k/year. ($8.14/hr) That's $326 per week before taxes. ~$240 after taxes. The average daycare in this country is $230 per week.

That leaves $10/week to live on. Right. That's going to work.

:rolleyes:

If the dad is a deadbeat, she is screwed. And there isn't always a way to know beforehand.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
So we should have to make up the difference ?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Let's see... The median HOUSEHOLD income in this country for the lower 95% is around $17k/year. ($8.14/hr) That's $326 per week before taxes. ~$240 after taxes. The average daycare in this country is $230 per week.

That leaves $10/week to live on. Right. That's going to work.

:rolleyes:

If the dad is a deadbeat, she is screwed. And there isn't always a way to know beforehand.
Sorry, T. You've got your numbers wrong. According to this census chart, the median income of all households in the U.S was $50,303 in 2008. Only 24.7% make under $25k. Roughly 70% make between $25k and $250k. There is no way the median for the bottom 95% is $17k. You can't calculate it from this chart, but based on the numbers in it, the median for the bottom 95% has to be around $40k. Notice that the last group is "over $100k". You have to get up to the $200k range to hit the top 5%, so many in that last group still fall in the bottom 95%. Also, notice in the last chart - median in constant dollars, that the median income is up over $6000 since 1980. So much for the falsehood that incomes have slid in constant dollars over the years.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0689.pdf

1 - 20 of 56 Posts