Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101104...jb3JkaW9uX2J1c2luZXNzBHNsawNub2NsZWFycGF0aGY-

"The repeal slogan energized big-government foes in the midterm elections, helping turn out Republican voters. However, trying to deliver on it could stir up a backlash. Exit polls on Election Day found voters divided. Forty-eight percent said they supported repealing the overhaul, but 47 percent said it should be expanded or kept as it is"

"Mindful that some of the new benefits are popular, House Republican leader John Boehner has stressed that a "replace" measure preserving some aspects of Obama's overhaul would go with legislation to repeal it"

read more...

I'mmmmmmmmmmmmm shocked......:D

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I think the article has Boehner and McConnell mixed up.
I didn't read it...:laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I know you usually don't understand what you read, and this time is not unique, but you should really read the whole article before making an uninformed generalization. I only had to read one quote in the article to see that the whole premise of your thread title is incorrect.

"This is not a 'Jeopardy!' question where there is just one right answer," said Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, a leader on health care. "House Republicans are committed to repealing the existing Obamacare bill. That's not window dressing, but we are going to do a three-pronged approach. We'll do repeal, we'll do a reform bill, we'll do a defunding bill. It's all of the above."

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
They should put it to a nationwide vote. Obama is not going to let it's defeat simply happen. A clear message needs to be sent as he still feels that his deconstruction of our nation... is nowhere near completed.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you usually don't understand what you read, and this time is not unique, but you should really read the whole article before making an uninformed generalization. I only had to read one quote in the article to see that the whole premise of your thread title is incorrect.
Hmmmmm...

They ran for office saying....."We will repeal Obama's HC..."
"We will stop Obama's agendas...."

Now it's all.....kinda sorta repeal.....

:huh:

Let's try this....

You like to make predictions.....

WHEN............will the GOP repeal the new HC?

Will It ever get repealed?

When............ will we be able to return to the former private capitalist system we now have?:huh:

Inquiring minds want to know.

They promised repealing of Obama's HC.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should put it to a nationwide vote.
No it shouldnt.

You guys already voted on it.

You guys said the voters wanted to end Obama's agenda.

You guys said it was not about the economy or jobs.

So essentially it was to repeal HC and stop govt spending....and that vote was just cast.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They should put it to a nationwide vote. Obama is not going to let it's defeat simply happen. A clear message needs to be sent as he still feels that his deconstruction of our nation... is nowhere near completed.
and ponch also repeatedly posted threads with polls that the majority of americans dont want the Obama HC plan.

So again....

Those votes were already cast.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Hmmmmm...

They ran for office saying....."We will repeal Obama's HC..."
"We will stop Obama's agendas...."

Now it's all.....kinda sorta repeal.....

:huh:

Let's try this....

You like to make predictions.....

WHEN............will the GOP repeal the new HC?

Will It ever get repealed?

When............ will we be able to return to the former private capitalist system we now have?:huh:

Inquiring minds want to know.

They promised repealing of Obama's HC.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's been less than 48 hours since the election. What don't you understand about repeal/modify/ or defund? :rolleyes: You do realize that Obama would need to sign the Bill to repeal his own ****ed up health care plan? Don't you? :crazy:

If the Dims work together with the Pubs to modify and fix the plan then it will be modified. If not, it will be defunded until it can be repealed in 2013. It's not difficlut to follow.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get your panties in a bunch. It's been less than 48 hours since the election. What don't you understand about repeal/modify/ or defund? :rolleyes: You do realize that Obama would need to sign the Bill to repeal his own ****ed up health care plan? Don't you? :crazy:

If the Dims work together with the Pubs to modify and fix the plan then it will be modified. If not, it will be defunded until it can be repealed in 2013. It's not difficlut to follow.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law

"The majority of voters have favored repeal in every weekly Rasmussen Reports survey since Democrats in Congress passed the law in late March. Voter support for repeal has ranged from a low of 50% to a high of 63%. "

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=131033008
Republicans Renew Calls To Repeal Health Care Law
November 3, 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/17/AR2010031704028.html
"Even as House Democrats search for the votes to send a health-care reform bill to President Obama, dozens of Republican lawmakers and candidates have signed a pledge to back an effort to repeal the measure, should the GOP take control of either chamber of Congress after this fall's elections."

What did you vote for?
A modified bill or a repealed bill?

You wanted it repealed earlier.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
No it shouldnt.

You guys already voted on it.

You guys said the voters wanted to end Obama's agenda.

You guys said it was not about the economy or jobs.

So essentially it was to repeal HC and stop govt spending....and that vote was just cast.
Clearly, Obama did not get this message ! That... is why it should be voted on... so there is no way for him to misconstrue the meaning of the election.

As I stated many times before... Obama is either inept... or this shits on purpose !

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law

"The majority of voters have favored repeal in every weekly Rasmussen Reports survey since Democrats in Congress passed the law in late March. Voter support for repeal has ranged from a low of 50% to a high of 63%. "

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=131033008
Republicans Renew Calls To Repeal Health Care Law
November 3, 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/17/AR2010031704028.html
"Even as House Democrats search for the votes to send a health-care reform bill to President Obama, dozens of Republican lawmakers and candidates have signed a pledge to back an effort to repeal the measure, should the GOP take control of either chamber of Congress after this fall's elections."

What did you vote for?
A modified bill or a repealed bill?

You wanted it repealed earlier.

Again. Let me type slower for you.....

Repeal/Modify/Defund

Yes we want it Repealed, as do the Pubs in Congress. Common sense says this will not happen as Obama and the Dim controlled Senate would also have to be on board.

Cooperation will lead to Modifying it, which time will tell, may fix things.

Most likely it will be defunded.....which also accomplishes what needs to be done. No money = no plan.

The Pubs will put forth measures to REPEAL it. The Senate and Obama will vote no/VETO it.
This is what the Pubs where just elected to do...make OBAMA and the Dims the party of NO. ;)

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cooperation will lead to Modifying it, which time will tell, may fix things.

But did you vote for modification or repeal?

Because.....

If they have the power.....now or in 2012 to repeal it........ and they dont...

Then that is an unfulfilled camaign promise......(putting it nicely ;) )

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
But did you vote for modification or repeal?

Because.....

If they have the power.....now or in 2012 to repeal it........ and they dont...

Then that is an unfulfilled camaign promise......(putting it nicely ;) )

I didn't vote for either. I voted for balance of power in Congress. Only Congress will get to vote on to repeal or not. I trust my elected official to make that decision and do what he can.

The Pubs did not run on a guarantee to repeal it. They ran on a guarantee to try to repeal it.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I said several weeks ago, Obamacare is here to stay. Now, funding it may be a trick for the dems.. but repealing the entire law would require a supermajority in the senate and the WH.

After redistricting is done, and with the massive gains in governorships and state houses, it could be repealed by 2014, if we hold their feet to the fire to get that done.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think you have been watching too much MSNBC. If you have been paying attention, since day 1 of the current health care bill being signed into law, the republicans mission was to "repeal and replace" the legislation. I never once heard any republican say that they had wished to repleal it and just let things go back to the way they were before.

Even durring the debate before the bill was passed, the message from republicans was that there were measures that needed to be taken to fix some of the problems with the current system. Unfortunately this 2800 page monstrosity isn't it. In fact it ignores some very important issues that are commonly known to be some of the major factors of the ever increasing cost of health care... hence, "repeal and replace"

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
When............ will we be able to return to the former private capitalist system we now have?
:rolling::rolling:

If you honestly believe that we currently have a 'private capitalist system' of health care NOW, or did last year, or even a decade ago, then you need to RUN, not WALK, to your nearest library and find a good book on economics and economics history and READ them, THINK about them, and then come back and we can TALK about them.

Start with

Rand Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal
Friedman Free to Choose and Tyranny of the Status Quo
von Mises Human Action
Rothbard Man, Economy, and State
Hayek The Road to Serfdom and Capitalism and the Historians
Hughes American Economic History
Higgs Crisis and Leviathan

You read and think about the underlying philosophy outlined and discussed in those works and you'll come away with a much better appreciation and understanding of the hows and whys of capitalism, mixed economies, and statist economies.

Steven

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:rolling::rolling:

If you honestly believe that we currently have a 'private capitalist system' of health care NOW, or did last year, or even a decade ago, then you need to RUN, not WALK, to your nearest library and find a good book on economics and economics history and READ them, THINK about them, and then come back and we can TALK about them.
Is that your final answer?:laughing:

So pubs basicly knew all along that they were going to modify Obama's HC, yet ran for office with the premise that they were going to repeal it.:huh:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

So pubs basicly knew all along that they were going to modify Obama's HC, yet ran for office with the premise that they were going to repeal it.:huh:
2 pages in and you still don't get it! :rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

Obama ran on Hope and Change, and he knew all along he was just going to let the corps and banks raid the treasury and have the same lobbiests write the legislation, just as it was done before him

Same premise

1 - 20 of 24 Posts