Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tressugar.com/Michigan-Asks-Does-Foreclosure-Take-Away-Right-Vote-1992257

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/61384

The housing crisis suddenly has a whole new address: voting rights. Yesterday the chairman of the Macomb County Republican Party was quoted in the Michigan Messenger as saying he's set to assign election challengers with "a list of foreclosed homes and [we] will make sure people aren't voting from those addresses." The statement voting laws, which require an address and a desire to make sure proper election procedures were followed. Furor erupted immediately, with Project Vote issuing the following statement:

The Macomb County GOP's plan is a cynical partisan attempt to suppress the vote of thousands of low-income and African-American voters. . . . Just because you're behind on your mortgage doesn't mean you lose the right to vote. . . the challengers will still achieve nothing but to slow down voting and create an intimidating atmosphere at strategically chosen polls.

The chairman has since announced to the Detroit News, "I never said anything even close to that. We won't be doing voter challenges on foreclosures, and we've never had a plan to do it." Challenges are allowed at the polls if the challenger "knows or has good reason to suspect" a voter isn't eligible, a rule the Secretary of State has clarified to need "reliable sources or means." There's also a new state law requiring voters to produce photo identification.

Outdated addresses could be a very real problem this election. Ohio earlier this summer said that 3,700 people are registered to vote at vacant addresses, and another 27,000 have filled out change-of-address notices without updating their registration."

Wow.

Just Wow....

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lose your house, lose your vote!
Submitted by RonPaul2008NYC on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 22:35
in
Michigan Republicans plan to foreclose African American voters!

This makes me sick! I wonder if other States are going to jump on the wagon with this one. And how many homes are currently in foreclosure across the US?

"The chairman of the Republican Party in Macomb County Michigan, a key swing county in a key swing state, is planning to use a list of foreclosed homes to block people from voting in the upcoming election as part of the state GOP’s effort to challenge some voters on Election Day."

Read on...
http://www.michiganmessenger.com/4076/lose-your-house-lose-y...

» RonPaul2008NYC's blog

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
:laughing::crazy:

Where doe sit say they lose their vote because of losing a mortgage? Where does it say you have to be a land owner to vote? :laughing: I wish it where true. :devil:

If you are not registered where you live, guess what? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Key word is ForeclosED not foreclosing. So, if they aren't in the process of foreclosure, then they are either living somewhere else at another address- or they are homeless in which they have other means to register to vote.

I would hope they would block people from voting with registrations from foreclosed homes, as there shouldn't be anyone living there. Big red flag for voter fraud right there--- Common Sense, no?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Key word is ForeclosED not foreclosing. So, if they aren't in the process of foreclosure, then they are either living somewhere else at another address- or they are homeless in which they have other means to register to vote.

I would hope they would block people from voting with registrations from foreclosed homes, as there shouldn't be anyone living there. Big red flag for voter fraud right there--- Common Sense, no?
ACORN and the left would have no issue with it. I'm sure. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
http://www.tressugar.com/Michigan-Asks-Does-Foreclosure-Take-Away-Right-Vote-1992257

The housing crisis suddenly has a whole new address: voting rights. Yesterday the chairman of the Macomb County Republican Party was quoted in the Michigan Messenger as saying he's set to assign election challengers with "a list of foreclosed homes and [we] will make sure people aren't voting from those addresses." The statement voting laws, which require an address and a desire to make sure proper election procedures were followed. Furor erupted immediately, with Project Vote issuing the following statement:

The Macomb County GOP's plan is a cynical partisan attempt to suppress the vote of thousands of low-income and African-American voters. . . . Just because you're behind on your mortgage doesn't mean you lose the right to vote. . . the challengers will still achieve nothing but to slow down voting and create an intimidating atmosphere at strategically chosen polls.

The chairman has since announced to the Detroit News, "I never said anything even close to that. We won't be doing voter challenges on foreclosures, and we've never had a plan to do it." Challenges are allowed at the polls if the challenger "knows or has good reason to suspect" a voter isn't eligible, a rule the Secretary of State has clarified to need "reliable sources or means." There's also a new state law requiring voters to produce photo identification.

Outdated addresses could be a very real problem this election. Ohio earlier this summer said that 3,700 people are registered to vote at vacant addresses, and another 27,000 have filled out change-of-address notices without updating their registration."

Wow.

Just Wow....

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts

Wow.

Just Wow....

I agree! WOW!

Oh, ... wait a minute ... I think I recall an old principle ...

ONE MAN ... ONE VOTE (you can make it gender neutral if you want ... ONE PERSON ... ONE VOTE)

The crybabies are upset for what reason? An election official wants to make sure that ONLY people that are entitled to vote are allowed to vote? And you don't agree with that? Why not?

Why do you even post this drivel?

Another drive by posting by the Dunes ...

Steven

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Lose your house, lose your vote!
Submitted by RonPaul2008NYC on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 22:35
in
Michigan Republicans plan to foreclose African American voters!

This makes me sick! I wonder if other States are going to jump on the wagon with this one. And how many homes are currently in foreclosure across the US?

"The chairman of the Republican Party in Macomb County Michigan, a key swing county in a key swing state, is planning to use a list of foreclosed homes to block people from voting in the upcoming election as part of the state GOP’s effort to challenge some voters on Election Day."

Read on...
http://www.michiganmessenger.com/4076/lose-your-house-lose-y...

» RonPaul2008NYC's blog
Have you ever moved? Did you lose the right to vote? All you need is proof that you live in your voting district. If you get foreclosed, you live SOMEWHERE, even if it's a homeless shelter. All you have to do is vote in the proper precinct and have some proof you live there. The goal is to keep people from voting more than once with different addresses or voting with false names from vacant addresses. It's been done before, and efforts should be made to prevent it.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Have you ever moved? Did you lose the right to vote? All you need is proof that you live in your voting district. If you get foreclosed, you live SOMEWHERE, even if it's a homeless shelter. All you have to do is vote in the proper precinct and have some proof you live there. The goal is to keep people from voting more than once with different addresses or voting with false names from vacant addresses. It's been done before, and efforts should be made to prevent it.
Sadly, to many people in this country, that kind of clear headed, logical, and rational thinking is proof that you are either racist, heartless, cruel, conservative, or simply mean spirited.

Steven

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sadly, to many people in this country, that kind of clear headed, logical, and rational thinking is proof that you are either racist, heartless, cruel, conservative, or simply mean spirited.

Steven
Dont shot the delivery boy.

I'm just posting up the news threads.

I know they should not be voting with a bad address.

I just think it's unfortunate to see the gop soo eager to capitalize on this.

And more importantly....

How will they screen these?

"Hey loser.......I think you got your home repossessed and i'm makin a citizens arrest" ? :laughing:

This may get interesting....

You'd think with all you gop peep with your cock in your hands, all cockcited about a landslide victory, that this would not be an issue.

After all, they want to help all these people that lost their homes and the economy.....right? :huh:

How will they enforce this?:huh:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
“At a minimum what you are seeing is a fairly comprehensive effort by the Republican Party, a systematic broad-based effort to put up obstacles for people to vote,” he said. “Nobody is contending that these people are not legally registered to vote.

“When you are comprehensively challenging people to vote,” Hebert went on, “your goals are two-fold: One is you are trying to knock people out from casting ballots; the other is to create a slowdown that will discourage others,” who see a long line and realize they can’t afford to stay and wait."

One expert questioned the legality of the tactic.

“You can’t challenge people without a factual basis for doing so,” said J. Gerald Hebert, a former voting rights litigator for the U.S. Justice Department who now runs the Campaign Legal Center, a Washington D.C.-based public-interest law firm. “I don’t think a foreclosure notice is sufficient basis for a challenge, because people often remain in their homes after foreclosure begins and sometimes are able to negotiate and refinance.”

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And it's still, blatantly false... :laughing:
Wit ten year of health care ppremiums going up 20 to 30 percent..

I'd call that thread title blatanly false.

But that's just me I suppose....:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
With 2/3's of that being in the last 20+ months. You can choose to deny it, if you wish....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts