Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
They just don't get it. She was voted in by conservatives that aren't happy with the party starting to look like the other side of the aisle.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
The GOP's true colors are showing... the people speak, and like the democrats they supposedly hate, the GOP ignores them.

"Despite her decisive win – the Republican Party has said that it will not spend any money to help her Senate bid, Jon Karl reported this morning."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/201...ctual-remarks-and-republican-cannibalism.html

This poves even today the Hard line Republicans are only looking out for the team..as in Exotix words (sad)

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just don't get it. She was voted in by conservatives that aren't happy with the party starting to look like the other side of the aisle.
They aren't starting too Sarge, they have looked like the other side of the isle since the early part of the 20th century. The duopoly has to be broken up in order to move forward. And they are willing to lose elections to retain their system.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
They aren't starting too Sarge, they have looked like the other side of the isle since the early part of the 20th century. The duopoly has to be broken up in order to move forward. And they are willing to lose elections to retain their system.
The dilemma is that fixing the problem would require a serious third party effort which would split the Republican Party and give the whole game to the Democrats. I don't get why the Pub leadership just turns a deaf ear to this growing segment of their party.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dilemma is that fixing the problem would require a serious third party effort which would split the Republican Party and give the whole game to the Democrats.
I disagree.. there are tons of voters who hold their noses to vote dem, just like the other side of the isle. I think a solid, constitutional party could win in this country. If nothing else, they could position themselves to hurt both sides of the statist duopoly.

I don't get why the Pub leadership just turns a deaf ear to this growing segment of their party.
Because it threatens their way of life, they republican party has been a willing partner in the war on taxpayers for damn near a hundred years... but people are just now starting to realize it.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
The dilemma is that fixing the problem would require a serious third party effort which would split the Republican Party and give the whole game to the Democrats. I don't get why the Pub leadership just turns a deaf ear to this growing segment of their party.
They played to the fiddle of Faux, Beck, Palin & Rushbo to counter the invasion of *Hope & Change* by filibustering & obstructing ... now that it's coming back to bite them in azz ... well, it's too late ... the (R)'s new strategy is simply to babble ... nothing new since Bush ...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
That's the only part that made sense.
When it comes to the entire right-wing now comprised of who knows what ... or as VF puts it ... *the farther right your ideology,demogogy or whatever you call it now ... *

... I simply call it babble ... sad.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Well, it's looks like the pubs will flush their own toilet.
She may very well not need the pubs money to win. She trounced the incumbent handily. Why? He vote for Cap 'n' Rape and the stimulus...

RHINO.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I think the problem for the Republican party is that it is afraid of going in the wrong direction. The Republican party went far right socialy durring the Bush administration. The result of that was the huge victory by Obama. Now the Tea party is trying to push further right, some in fiscaly conservative ways, which is good but others in socialy conservative ways, which is very bad. It seems that the Tea party has not been carefull in choosing thier candidates and this carelessness could cost the republicans what would otherwise be a huge victory. Many Republicans are becoming dissatisfied by the socialy conservative leanings of the republican party, why would going further right socialy help in that matter? It simply makes the party smaller. I certainly won't count her out for the win but I think that O'Donells election may have just cost the Republicans control of the Senate.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I think that O'Donells election may have just cost the Republicans control of the Senate.
I will disagree with this, The people of Delaware don't need any TV ad from the Republican party to vote for O'Donnell. They aready are fully aware of the critical issues up to this point (don't need no Rinio), all is left is for the Democratic smear machine to kick in, but what everbody failing to realize is the Grass roots movement known as the Tea Baggers are already comitted at this time and I don't see Republican voters going to the Dems because of a tea bag canidate:smack

The trick is not to be too cocky as to have people figure the war has been won why bother :lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I think the problem for the Republican party is that it is afraid of going in the wrong direction. The Republican party went far right socialy durring the Bush administration. The result of that was the huge victory by Obama. Now the Tea party is trying to push further right, some in fiscaly conservative ways, which is good but others in socialy conservative ways, which is very bad. It seems that the Tea party has not been carefull in choosing thier candidates and this carelessness could cost the republicans what would otherwise be a huge victory. Many Republicans are becoming dissatisfied by the socialy conservative leanings of the republican party, why would going further right socialy help in that matter? It simply makes the party smaller. I certainly won't count her out for the win but I think that O'Donells election may have just cost the Republicans control of the Senate.
A lot of what you say is true, but I disagree with Bush going "far right". He was actually much more moderate than the party itself. He focused on education, he passed the huge drug bill for seniors, and he was very friendly to immigration and Hispanics in general. His "right wingness" comes down to a desire for lower taxes for everyone ( a good thing) and his willingness to wage war in order to take the battle to the bad guys (a good thing IMO). History will view Bush much more kindly than than the current mainstream media.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
:agree:

Now we will have another 6 or more years of this.:down:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the problem for the Republican party is that it is afraid of going in the wrong direction. The Republican party went far right socialy durring the Bush administration.
Too far right? :laughing: mmmmmk. The statist duopoly is/was/always will be center left. Breaking from it is the natural reaction for those who have to pay for this massive leviathan..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
How can we call it " to far right"? They have moved too far towards the middle and lost touch with what true conservatives want. What is considerded too far right in todays time would be just getting back to the core of what the voters want. We need to get back to more conservative social values. The voters see that but the idiot career party members don't. Washington as a whole has lost touch with the people that put them in office. I dont think this is the first surprise were going to see this election cycle.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How can we call it " to far right"? They have moved too far towards the middle and lost touch with what true conservatives want. What is considerded too far right in todays time would be just getting back to the core of what the voters want. We need to get back to more conservative social values. The voters see that but the idiot career party members don't. Washington as a whole has lost touch with the people that put them in office. I dont think this is the first surprise were going to see this election cycle.
The country has grown too big for one central government on the east coast.. the one-size-fits-all mentality of DC, coupled with the ****-what-the-people-want-attitude, coupled with the fact that only self serving politicians who are beholden to the too big to fail/jail crowd, get to play the game, will eventually drive the real Tea Party.. IMO. But this election cycle won't bring it about.. 2012 probably will.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts