Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, well today while on the highway and doing about 80 and climbing I noticed a little shaking in the front end. The steering wheel was kind of moving back nd forth about an 1/8th of an inch back and forth until I slowed down.

Now I know I've read that some people's Vette's at higher speeds have a shake to them but was wondering if what I described seems normal or what??

It's nice to have all the experience and knowlledge from all the members in this group. I;'m so glad I found it!!

Thanks everyone. Jim

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
:agree:
That's your first step.... Balance the tires, you may have a bad tire or just lost a weight. have them align the car also ... worn front end/suspention parts will be found (if any) by the Alignment tech.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that must feel exhilerating!!!!

150 huh!!! I can imagine the cops faces as I whizzed by them at 150. haahhahaha... The other day I was going for coffee and was at the end of my Main St and all was clear (so I thought!) well I gave it some gas (just a little) and was hitting 80 before I knew it and noticed a cop sitting in the Church parking lot. Lucky for me he knew I was from the city and gave me a half smirk as he kind of waved his hands to slow it down. By then I had shut it down to about 50. :laughing:

I'm sure if I were in another town where they don't know me I would have got bagged.

A couple of years ago I was clocked on the highway on my Harley Road King @ 140, I was just cruising and didn't even realize how fast I was going. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and usually I have an idea but I was honest and said "actually it was such a nice day I guess I got caught up in how nice it was riding in the open and enjoying my ride and guess I got carried away" Well he gave me a warning and told me to keep it at the limit. "Ok, right"!! :thumbsup:

Guess I've been lucky lately huh. Gonna have the tires checked out and have that taken care of as well as the noise when turning the steering wheel.

Thanks all. Jim

·
Registered
0 Posts
JCswm said:
That's your first step.... Balance the tires, you may have a bad tire or just lost a weight. have them align the car also ... worn front end/suspention parts will be found (if any) by the Alignment tech.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
JCswm said:
Perfectly said. Make sure they have the high-end Hunter balancer that can tell you if you have a wheel out-of-round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts