Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...er I mean a C6 and a big SS over it. I just did to you what chevy did to me this AM with this email.

:)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Yeah, that's kind of confusing. When I first approved that today I put it in the SS section. I looked closer, and thought hell that's a regular C6.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hmmm, El Toro MCAS... I was born there! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Major marketing screwup. Although I happen to like the look of the SSR (for a truck), producing it on the very heavy Trailblazer SUV platform and charging $40+ for the two seater was just stupid, IMO. One of the car rags indicated that as of January 05, they had one year's inventory sitting at dealers and the factory. There were times last year that my local dealer had about 6 of them just sitting around for months.

A much smarter move would have been to put the SSR engineering $$ into hustling up the return of a Zeta Camaro, then making an SSR type as a Crossover from the Camaro. Costs would have been much lower, selling price lower and volume sold (and profits) much higher, IMO.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Longtimer said:
Major marketing screwup. Although I happen to like the look of the SSR (for a truck), producing it on the very heavy Trailblazer SUV platform and charging $40+ for the two seater was just stupid, IMO. One of the car rags indicated that as of January 05, they had one year's inventory sitting at dealers and the factory. There were times last year that my local dealer had about 6 of them just sitting around for months.
A much smarter move would have been to put the SSR engineering $$ into hustling up the return of a Zeta Camaro, then making an SSR type as a Crossover from the Camaro. Costs would have been much lower, selling price lower and volume sold (and profits) much higher, IMO.
Could be why some knucklehead salesmen tried stearing me towards the SSR when I went vette shopping the summer of 2004. That really burned me and I proceeded to walk right out the door of their dealerships. If I can't trust a salesman to at least show me what I came in for, how can I trust them in working an honest deal? I mean, have they ever seen a Corvette compared to an SSR?!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
i hate to see them killing off fast gm cars to make more pt cruiser copies

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
sdowney said:
i hate to see them killing off fast gm cars to make more pt cruiser copies

Fact is, the reception has been a lot better for the HHR, and i've seen a ton more than the SSR driving around.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
theflinger said:
Fact is, the reception has been a lot better for the HHR, and i've seen a ton more than the SSR driving around.
Exactly! What was the sticker on the SSR? It was pretty high if I remember right. For a few $$$ more, your're in a sleak Vette. Never understood the marketing plan.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
RedBarchetta said:
Exactly! What was the sticker on the SSR? It was pretty high if I remember right. For a few $$$ more, your're in a sleak Vette. Never understood the marketing plan.
I have a 1SX 2005 C6, I remember laughing when the salesman said he could give me a sweet financing deal on a SSR sitting on the showroom floor. It was only $6000 dollars more than my Vette :laughing: :rolling: :laughing: :rolling: :laughing:
Bad idea. Couldn't carry enough to be a real truck and was too heavy to be a sports vehicle.:WTF
They should have built on the CTS-V platform rather than the SUV. IMO

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RedBarchetta said:

My local dealer has a beautiful red '06 SSR loaded with chrome rims for $45k. A loaded HHR is about half that - or a little, or less.

Oh well, at least the Camaro is coming - not soon enough for my likes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts