Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1/2 set of 1.52 Pro Magnums to replace the 1/2 set of 1.6's when I go to the ZZ409. I may go to 1.6 later but I want to try the 1.52 first

I also got my red Door panels from a 1996 vette.. Now I just need to figure out how mount the speakers in the front
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I got a 1/2 set of 1.52 Pro Magnums to replace the 1/2 set of 1.6's when I go to the ZZ409. I may go to 1.6 later but I want to try the 1.52 first

I also got my red Door panels from a 1996 vette.. Now I just need to figure out how mount the speakers in the front

Cool about the door panels. How do they marry up w/ your dash?
for the speakers, could you use the the same covers the 94-96's use?
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

bkuper said:
Cool about the door panels. How do they marry up w/ your dash?
for the speakers, could you use the the same covers the 94-96's use?
Here is how.. this is the dash in my 89



It is a 1991 dash, so the door panels should fit

As for the covers.. The 90-96 sills, where the speakers are, have a indent to fit the speaker box. I don't have that indent on my sills.

I will figure something out
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
Here is how.. this is the dash in my 89


It is a 1991 dash, so the door panels should fit

As for the covers.. The 90-96 sills, where the speakers are, have a indent to fit the speaker box. I don't have that indent on my sills.

I will figure something out

WOW!

How much work/$$$ did it take to replace your dash/console?
The dash looks good with the '89 steering wheel!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

bkuper said:
WOW!

How much work/$$$ did it take to replace your dash/console?
The dash looks good with the '89 steering wheel!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
How much work? well the car was apart from Oct 2001 to April of 2002

I didn't touch it in Dec., Jan., or Feb. and only worked on it when time allowed.

As far as Cost, I really don't want to know.. I got a deal on the Dash itself and bought a whole bunch of extra pieces along the way. I did sell my 89 dash and recovered about what the new one cost.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
How much work? well the car was apart from Oct 2001 to April of 2002

I didn't touch it in Dec., Jan., or Feb. and only worked on it when time allowed.

As far as Cost, I really don't want to know.. I got a deal on the Dash itself and bought a whole bunch of extra pieces along the way. I did sell my 89 dash and recovered about what the new one cost.
Wow! Jeff, we need those pics in the gallery! You did a great job with the dash. does it rattle at all?
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

Patrick96LT4 said:
Wow! Jeff, we need those pics in the gallery! You did a great job with the dash. does it rattle at all?
Does it rattle.. NOPE :cool:

I am not sure which category to upload them to.. Under construction maybe.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
Does it rattle.. NOPE :cool:

I am not sure which category to upload them to.. Under construction maybe.
Just upload them, I'll look at them and I can change the category if necessary.

Seeing as though your car is ALWAYS under construction, maybe you need your own category.... LOL!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
Here is how.. this is the dash in my 89


It is a 1991 dash, so the door panels should fit

As for the covers.. The 90-96 sills, where the speakers are, have a indent to fit the speaker box. I don't have that indent on my sills.

I will figure something out

F.Y.I.
I noticed your seatbelts have the same black stains mine (and I'm sure others) have had.

Well, there is a cleaner called "Spot Shot" which comes in an aerasol can which I have used to clean mine (light grey). It works VERY well.

Jeff and any others who read this and decide to try it, be VERY VERY careful not to spray it on your leather, though. It WILL take the finish off! I had a bit of overspray, of course on my seats, and I thought I had ruined them. Some good leather treatment restored the finish right away, thank God!!!

:eek:
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
War machine said:
That's great Jeff! :cool:

I'm still learning valvetrain, is it the intake valves that get the 1.52's?
Well Depends.. in my case I am putting 1.52 rockers on intake and exhaust.. with my ZZ9 I was running 1.6 on the intake and 1.52 on exhaust..

Depending on cam and set -up you could run all 1.52s or all 1.6s
 

·
Supporting Vendor
Joined
·
152 Posts
Jeff you will not believe what I ordered Yesterday
I called SGC corvette talked to Aaron Scott and Let me tell
you A very nice guy.
we talked about cams.He's got brand new blanks that where
bought from LPE.I think he said there is 100 of them left.
The set I ordered are 237 duration @450 on all four lobes.
He's is trying to A minimum order together so they can be
made.
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they get here by April the motor is coming out.
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Originally posted by -=Jeff=- with my ZZ9 I was running 1.6 on the intake and 1.52 on exhaust..
Thanks Jeff! That's what I was looking for. I see the test chart in the TPiS hints book where they tested a mixed set but I couldn't find anything that said what ratio went to what valve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
I'm still amazed by all the work you have into your Vette. Between the interior, motor and trans... you have to be an expert by now. :D
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BubbleHead said:
I'm still amazed by all the work you have into your Vette. Between the interior, motor and trans... you have to be an expert by now. :D
Not yet but close..

I am planning on taking Gordon's Corvette 103 and ZR1 within the next couple of years too..
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top