Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· DC Crew
3,685 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I got a 1/2 set of 1.52 Pro Magnums to replace the 1/2 set of 1.6's when I go to the ZZ409. I may go to 1.6 later but I want to try the 1.52 first

I also got my red Door panels from a 1996 vette.. Now I just need to figure out how mount the speakers in the front

Cool about the door panels. How do they marry up w/ your dash?
for the speakers, could you use the the same covers the 94-96's use?

· DC Crew
3,685 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
Here is how.. this is the dash in my 89

It is a 1991 dash, so the door panels should fit

As for the covers.. The 90-96 sills, where the speakers are, have a indent to fit the speaker box. I don't have that indent on my sills.

I will figure something out

WOW!

How much work/$$$ did it take to replace your dash/console?
The dash looks good with the '89 steering wheel!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

· DC Crew
3,685 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Got More parts for my vette

-=Jeff=- said:
Here is how.. this is the dash in my 89

It is a 1991 dash, so the door panels should fit

As for the covers.. The 90-96 sills, where the speakers are, have a indent to fit the speaker box. I don't have that indent on my sills.

I will figure something out

F.Y.I.
I noticed your seatbelts have the same black stains mine (and I'm sure others) have had.

Well, there is a cleaner called "Spot Shot" which comes in an aerasol can which I have used to clean mine (light grey). It works VERY well.

Jeff and any others who read this and decide to try it, be VERY VERY careful not to spray it on your leather, though. It WILL take the finish off! I had a bit of overspray, of course on my seats, and I thought I had ruined them. Some good leather treatment restored the finish right away, thank God!!!

:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.