Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
torque converter installed today. 2800 stall. What a difference, got back all my low end torque, really jumps off the line now.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Fantastic!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cool...what brand and STR did you end up getting.........Joe:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it through Pete K, its the same construction as an edge, 2600-2800 with an STR of 2.5 has a reinforcing ring on the rear and an anti ballooning plate. Real nice unit, and seems to have given me exactly what I was looking for in the low end torque area.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Cool!

I've heard that's the single best seat of the pant's upgrade you can possibly make for the dollar. The pull is supposed to be a crazy improvement.

So I take it your happy!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Cool!

I've heard that's the single best seat of the pant's upgrade you can possibly make for the dollar. The pull is supposed to be a crazy improvement.

So I take it your happy!
Dave and I are gonna need to do some testing with it to be sure you got your moneys worth, we'll be over Sat. to pick it up.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool!

So I take it your happy!
Its almost as good as doing the rear gear change. Really made a big difference. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
That is great news. I'll be looking forward to the report from sheriff and raid :devil:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
That's great Bob! I know were you pretty let-down about losing your low-end umph. Glad it made enough difference to get ya thrilled.

Dave and I are gonna need to do some testing with it to be sure you got your moneys worth, we'll be over Sat. to pick it up.
Yea and we'll need video proof to verify Bob's claim that it tears off the line.

:devil:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Got it through Pete K, its the same construction as an edge, 2600-2800 with an STR of 2.5 has a reinforcing ring on the rear and an anti ballooning plate. Real nice unit, and seems to have given me exactly what I was looking for in the low end torque area.
AWESOME!!!............Joe:thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Fun time now! :partyon: :cheers:

Bob, if you get a chance, try a wot run. The 2800/3.54 combo I had in the 87 was sweet. At wot the Vette felt like it never shifted except for a teensy-tiny drop from 3rd to 4th, or was it @ lock-up? I can't remember now, it's been a while. Ram-Air, shram air, I took out a WS6 from 60-140, no problem. He gave up around 100 b/c @ 140 he wasn't even in my mirror. ;)

It took me a few weeks to learn how to control the launches. :devil:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That's great news Bob! I was hoping you'd find the torque you lost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts