Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my ride some new shoes :) [need some c6 wheel gurus]

:) pics first, description later. :)

so, i picked a set of these c6 wheels on craigslist (it was a good deal, couldnt resist) then got a used set of tires (YIKES! USED?!?! right?) for the front and back, i figure i need to 'break' the car in on SOMETHING right? :)

anyways, this is where i need your help (BEEJAY, that means you and any other people that have done c6 wheel conversions) i'm thinking 2" adapters for the front and 2.5" adapters for the rear..

right now, the front wheels go on:

but they look funky as hell (plus im sure turning would be impossible as it is lol

and the rears need at least a 2.5" adapter to even be able to bolt on :) the closest part of the wheel (where it bolts on) is 2" away, another half inch should be perfect i think :) dont want to push it out TOO far :lookinup:. @ 2", the rear would be rubbing just about everything
This is @2":

so i need AT LEAST a 2.5 for the rear.

ah, almost forgot, tire sizes:

fronts are 245/45/18 Toyo Proxies, rears are 285/35/19 eagle F1s. YES i got a mixed set on purpose, it was cheaper and i figure by the time i get the hang of this ls1/6speed combo, i'll be going out and getting another set of tires :rolling:

anyways, my question: has anyone had these sizes and anything u can recommend? wheel sizes are:

front:
18x9.5 +56mm

rear:
19x10 +79mm

:cheers:thanks!

in other news:

can anyone guess what this is? :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
yeah thats a electic headlight conversion:)

:) pics first, description later. :)

so, i picked a set of these c6 wheels on craigslist (it was a good deal, couldnt resist) then got a used set of tires (YIKES! USED?!?! right?) for the front and back, i figure i need to 'break' the car in on SOMETHING right? :)

anyways, this is where i need your help (BEEJAY, that means you and any other people that have done c6 wheel conversions) i'm thinking 2" adapters for the front and 2.5" adapters for the rear..

right now, the front wheels go on:

but they look funky as hell (plus im sure turning would be impossible as it is lol

and the rears need at least a 2.5" adapter to even be able to bolt on :) the closest part of the wheel (where it bolts on) is 2" away, another half inch should be perfect i think :) dont want to push it out TOO far :lookinup:. @ 2", the rear would be rubbing just about everything
This is @2":

so i need AT LEAST a 2.5 for the rear.

ah, almost forgot, tire sizes:

fronts are 245/45/18 Toyo Proxies, rears are 285/35/19 eagle F1s. YES i got a mixed set on purpose, it was cheaper and i figure by the time i get the hang of this ls1/6speed combo, i'll be going out and getting another set of tires :rolling:

anyways, my question: has anyone had these sizes and anything u can recommend? wheel sizes are:

front:
18x9.5 +56mm

rear:
19x10 +79mm

:cheers:thanks!

in other news:

can anyone guess what this is? :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats a electic headlight conversion:)
;) had the KILLER brackets about a month and picked up 1 motor to see how i like it, i must say, pretty ingenious :) gonna pick up 1 more motor and finish the headlight system before i finish the motor i think :) just makes it taht much easier. idid the whole install without taking the headlight out :) of course i didnt read the directions so i'll have to redo it (missing the stopper bracket lol) but hey :) this way, its twice the fun :smack

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I use C5 rims 17/8.5 front 18/9.5 rear. 2" spacers in front and 2 1/2" spacers in rear. The onle trouble you may have is with the antisway bar in the rear if you have one...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
What motor and bracket did you use for the electric head light conversion?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What motor and bracket did you use for the electric head light conversion?
motors are off a 93-97 firebird i believe and the brackets are KILLER brackets by Chris (69myway) still not done with the conversion though seeing as i have to incorporate the electric headlights with my 01 fbody steering column im planning on putting in :)

and no antisway bar yet :)

where did you get your spacers?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I use C5 rims 17/8.5 front 18/9.5 rear. 2" spacers in front and 2 1/2" spacers in rear. The onle trouble you may have is with the antisway bar in the rear if you have one...:thumbsup:
This thread brings to mind a question: What was the rational for the widening of the wheel track from the C3 to the C4 and up?

Was it a perfomance thing, or a styling thing?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread brings to mind a question: What was the rational for the widening of the wheel track from the C3 to the C4 and up?

Was it a perfomance thing, or a styling thing?
styling. the 1984 corvettes were 205 hp, same as the l82 late model c3s i believe ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try 2 1/2" in the rear. You may need to modify your rear sway bar like I did.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try 2 1/2" in the rear. You may need to modify your rear sway bar like I did.
Bee Jay
:) finally you comment! yess.. so i PMed you but when you replied it was only what i PMed you in a quote block.. SO, what ever happened to those adapters you had? do you still have them? and if not, where did you buy yours? (i have anotehr few days before the kid arrives, wife's due date is actually tomorrow but it looks like the kid is comfortable there so who knows.. and i'd like to order them before the kid gets here ;) )

·
Registered
376 Posts
:) finally you comment! yess.. so i PMed you but when you replied it was only what i PMed you in a quote block.. SO, what ever happened to those adapters you had? do you still have them? and if not, where did you buy yours? (i have anotehr few days before the kid arrives, wife's due date is actually tomorrow but it looks like the kid is comfortable there so who knows.. and i'd like to order them before the kid gets here ;) )
I have a set, but I'm keeping them because I have dreams of fitting C6 Z06 wheels and tires inside the fenders of my car. VBP makes hub centric adapters for a good price and that is my recommendation. I think they give forum member discounts.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
376 Posts
How did you "modify" your rear sway bar exactly? Any pics? :cheers:
Click on "Pictures of my Car" in my sig. Scroll around, you'll see how I modified my rear sway bar and sway bar mount to fit bigass wheels and tires. I have a thread on the other forum.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Click on "Pictures of my Car" in my sig. Scroll around, you'll see how I modified my rear sway bar and sway bar mount to fit bigass wheels and tires. I have a thread on the other forum.
Bee Jay
Got it! cool :cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Man those big wheels will look nice.

Any update on the kid? Send me a text message, I damanged my last I-phone and had to get a new one.

Also, when are we going to wrench are the car again? Looks like we have a lot of work to accomplish this winter on that bad boy!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man those big wheels will look nice.

Any update on the kid? Send me a text message, I damanged my last I-phone and had to get a new one.

Also, when are we going to wrench are the car again? Looks like we have a lot of work to accomplish this winter on that bad boy!

Hey, Kid's kist chillin. doesnt look like he wants to come out on time :) (due date is today).

As for wrenching the car :) Most of the heavy wrenching is done :) if you dont mind WIRING on the other hand ;) thats mostly what's left to do :p

im scouring ebay for a second headlight motor and then i'll swap the other headlight out for electric and then we can drop in the radiator in and stuff, then go to work on the steering column (fbody one) to try fit that baby in as well :D

edit: jsut texted you

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VBandP tech support said:
....We're phasing out of the wheel adapter business. We have little or none left
in most thicknesses....
darn.. well, anyone have any experience with any other company that makes hubcentric adapters? i need 2x2" and 2x2.5" :) any suggestions totally welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
darn.. well, anyone have any experience with any other company that makes hubcentric adapters? i need 2x2" and 2x2.5" :) any suggestions totally welcome :cheers:
Looks like it's time for some super long wheel studs and fender washers! :laughing:

(You said "any suggestions") :huh:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why would they stop producing those? That is what helped them be so succesful back in the day, that and the transverse front spring kit. I have a local (LA) source, but they are not hub centric. I have his card at home.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like it's time for some super long wheel studs and fender washers! :laughing:

(You said "any suggestions") :huh:
the washers alone would cost a fortune :rolling:

Why would they stop producing those? That is what helped them be so succesful back in the day, that and the transverse front spring kit. I have a local (LA) source, but they are not hub centric. I have his card at home.
Bee Jay
its a rough market with just about anything being made in china from the same materials (my guess).. I'm considering THESE, theyre quite cheap and made from the same aluminum (6061-T6 Aircraft Billet Aluminum) and theyre hubcentric as well.. i'd have much rather bought from VBandP though :\

1 - 20 of 30 Posts