Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started waxing the car today and realized I had really accumulated a lot of swirl marks since last summer. I got out my trusty PC and did the Junkman technique on the horizontal surfaces: Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover, followed by Adam's Fine Machine Polish, followed by Adam's Machine Wax. My arms gave out before I got to the vertical surfaces. Maybe next time. :laughing:

Before

Before

Before

After

After

After

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Great start Tex

A mirror like finish :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on the verticle panels :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using a Porter Cable 7424 XP orbital polisher. It's sold at adamspolishes.com (as well as other places) and Junkman shows exactly how to use it in this video series.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120179

If you need to renew your finish, I highly recommend this system. It's hard work, as any detailing is. But it seems safe for the finish. I think you would really have to overdo it to cause damage to your paint. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Just Hire some High schooler to do it

Then supervise HER

Do you think this would cause swirl marks?? I'll bet if she helps I could get a little help buffing......no?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Do you think this would cause swirl marks?? I'll bet if she helps I could get a little help buffing......no?
Holy ****. If I even comment on that, I'll probably go to hell. And my wife will probably be the one to send me there. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
But don't those wheels look good on that car??

·
Registered
6,220 Posts

I wish she would leave swirl marks, but not on the car. :D

Your polishing work looks great Tex. Unfortunately, it's going to be a little while longer before I can get to mine.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your polishing work looks great Tex. Unfortunately, it's going to be a little while longer before I can get to mine.
Thanks. Hang in there. Spring is coming. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
So are you done with those vertical panels yet Doc? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts