Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally recieved the nitrous kit today and went straight to work installing it.
It's the "Zex" brand so theres no "niods" to mess with, with this kit,
I dont have the right jet's for my application so I just installed the main set up, bottle line and box, the wiring to the activation switch and to the TPS will be done in the next few day's, and on Mon. or Tues. at the latest, the jet's and other small hard ware will arrive, then I'll finish conecting the line to the air intake and the vacume hose's to the fuel presure regulator and to the plenum will be done, all there will be to do last will be to get the bottle filled up!!!!!!!
http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6813897
http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6813896
http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6813908

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Sweet, keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That sounds like a blast. :partyon:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Sounds like a GAS to me:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Try to save some for the car:laughing:

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mahalo guy's!!! I'll keep you all posted on the progress and the first testing of the set up.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,528 Posts
Sounding good

·
Registered
351 Posts
Can't wait to see some number's:buhbye:

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
raidmagic said:
Sounds like lots of fun.:thumbsup:
What kind of runners do you have on your car?
Ahhhhhmmmm............long distance runner's I think?......could be sprinters, not sure.:laughing:
I have the slp saimese runners, and ported the lower intake and plenum, with 1.6 rollers......and my secret weapon what I call.....................................
"T.C.A.I.S".............................
"Traffic cone air induction system":laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,528 Posts
Hawaiian Punch said:
"T.C.A.I.S"..."Traffic cone air induction system":laughing:
Is that anything like newspaper delivery tube air scoops?:laughing:

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Torch Red 2K said:
Is that anything like newspaper delivery tube air scoops?:laughing:
Hmmm........................ good idea!!! I'll get to work on that one!!:laughing:

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Patrick96LT4 said:
You have the spray working yet?:huh:
Close, I'm waiting on my jet's right now, it should be here in about an hour or so, I hooked everything else yesterday, I had to make a braket for my throttle body switch because of the fact that this system works on an 4.2 volt's and above pulse from the tps at wide open throttle, but mine doesnt go that high at wide open throttle, only hit's 4.1 at the most, so I had to run a wire from the tps to a micro switch, then from the switch to the box, and I tested it to see if I hear the box click on and off at wide open throttle, and sure enough, it does!!!!!!:partyon: so now, comes the jet's and the other small part that's used to plug the sprayer into the air bridge of the throttle body, then it'll be ready to rock and roll........................or roll with the rocks..........................after filling up the bottle of course.:thumbsup:
Hawaii 5-Lo's gonna ride with me and film it....unfortunetly, I dont have a digital camara, so I cant share it with all you folks, but I'm sure he'll write about how it felt when I hit the button.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Damn, you are doing better then me. I've had my NX kit for two years now and the only thing installed so far is the dual pillar pod and gauges. :laughing:

Good job. I'll be looking forward to a report on the ZEX kit. I like how they designed the system to use the bottle pressure to adjust how much fuel and juice is used.

Congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
We never did fiqure out which brand they were.They have to be either ASM,or SLP like you said.They are siemeased,plus he has ported the snot out of them,and the intake,Plenum,t-body,1.6 r/r.,straight exhaust,it's a LOUD car.:thumbsup:

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hawaii-5-lo said:
We never did fiqure out which brand they were.They have to be either ASM,or SLP like you said.They are siemeased,plus he has ported the snot out of them,and the intake,Plenum,t-body,1.6 r/r.,straight exhaust,it's a LOUD car.:thumbsup:
Huh?...what was that Todd?............I cant hear you man,..............Oh wait, hold on, I'll turn my car off..................................................................................................................
Ok, now I can hear............what was that you said?:D

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ok, I got the part's that I needed to finish up in last night, and this morning it's all Pau!!!!! all I need is to fill the bottle up and try to scare the pant's off of Hawaii 5-Lo when he test drives it with me and have some leather cleaner on hand for him to clean up the seat after himself when we get back from the ride!:laughing:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts