Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a leather steering wheel because I thought The rubber one just felt and looked crappy and Im really happy with it, it's just that I put the wheel back on just fine but now im looking at putting the little telescopic lever back in there and It's not going in there right, Im sure It's just something simple but im lost does anyone know of a video or detailed instructions on putting your steering wheel back together? any help will be appreciated

I'm going to try and explain this as possibly unconfusing as I can, please bear with me: Here's a diagram of the whole steering wheel set up. the part im talking about is "H" "the Telescopic Steering Column Locking Ring Star Screw" when I go to screw it in, it has too much space between it and "K" which is the lever you turn to set the length you want your wheel to set at. You have to screw "H" into "K" with the 2 little screws described as "G" in the diagram but there's about half an inch too much space for me to where it don't reach!
http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-1-0-9128.html

thanks, Bobby

Here's the link to the steering wheel it's a bit pricey but the end result looks much better, if you wait until thanksgiving they usually have 15% off or something special so you could end up getting a good deal there. If they don't I know ecklers usually does Idk if they have the wheel though I didn't check.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette?frame=1.5064

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Make sure you are putting K in the right way and not backwards. Can we get a picture of what yours looks like? Maybe able to see something wrong there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I'll take pictures and put them up, thanks again raid today went by perfect, if only everything worked that well.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yea, thanks again. If I had thought about it I would have checked out that column while I was there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts