Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 chevy silverado all star edition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.3 v8, locking rear dif, fog lights, trailering pck, pwr seat, auto climate, bluetooth, usb port.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:thumbsup: Very nice :thumbsup: You will enjoy it.
I run the 3500 GMC version in a long box 4x diesel SRW for our fleet of company trucks. .............only because I am not a "fan" of our local Chevy dealers and the diesel engine has a 100K mile warranty.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The whole Silverado line is a definite winner for Chevrolet. I just purchased a couple of 2500HD 4x4's for our fire department and these are great trucks. I'd like one myself - too bad I can't buy my own at the New York State contract price as the city does. Apparently there is a pretty good markup on these babies. Oh, well - what isn't expensive these days?

Congrats on your Corvette's new roomie. Nice truck, nice choice.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I just purchased a couple of 2500HD 4x4's for our fire department and these are great trucks. I'd like one myself - too bad I can't buy my own at the New York State contract price as the city does. Apparently there is a pretty good markup on these babies. Oh, well - what isn't expensive these days?

Congrats on your Corvette's new roomie. Nice truck, nice choice.
:agree: These trucks are perfect first responders!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice truck! I love my 09 crew cab. Has the 6.2 with the max trailering package. She's is pretty quick at the dragstrip too. You will enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice truck! I love my 09 crew cab. Has the 6.2 with the max trailering package. She's is pretty quick at the dragstrip too. You will enjoy your new truck.
I think I have the same engine.I believe it has cylinder deactivation also, but there's no indication of it on the dash when it happens.Or was I totally mislead by the salesman?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On my DIC you can choose instant fuel milage, when in v8 mode a v8 shows up when in 4 cylinder mode v8 changes to v4 and the instant milage goes way up. Barley touch the gas though and back to v8 it goes. oh well every little bit helps I guess.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The only 6.2's that have the fuel mgmt are in the caddy's and denali's. Unfortunately the trucks didn't get that part. But it's awesome having a 400+ horsepower truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts