Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine was touring the plant today. He called me and said "you're not going to believe what happened to us today". I said you ordered a ZR1, right? No. They threw us out. An anouncement came over the intercom for employees and visitors to evacuate the building. Fire alarm. He said the guide was fairly new and had no idea what to do or where to go until someone else came along and led them out.

All is well. If you are waiting for delivery on your new Corvette, it will not be fire damaged.;)

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,413 Posts
Dang I was hoping for a fire sale

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree with Junkman, evacuated is much, much different than "thrown out".
OK guys, evacuated. Just quoting my friend.

I think I'm in trouble with Junkman from another thread.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
oh...geez...i was about to say...you'd have to be a pretty serious super-douche to get thrown out....

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I never took fire drills seriously until I was in an Washington DC Office building a month or so after 911 and there was a surprise fire drill. I was on the 14th floor and people were starting to get anxious in the stairwells. It got to the point that I was looking at the stair railings and planning a alternate "jungle gym" exit path should the stairs clog up with fallen (pushed down) evacuees.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I never took fire drills seriously until I was in an Washington DC Office building a month or so after 911 and there was a surprise fire drill. I was on the 14th floor and people were starting to get anxious in the stairwells. It got to the point that I was looking at the stair railings and planning a alternate "jungle gym" exit path should the stairs clog up with fallen (pushed down) evacuees.

:laughing:

I can see you now shouting, "Every man for himself!" as you bounded over the railing landing on some 90 year old woman!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Good point, midnite. Like the fire inspector with our dept said, there are regulations in place because people have died.

We all have heard the casualty count after those night club fires. Unbelievable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts