Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I can't seem to keep my skinny butt planted in C5 Z seats. I'd actually prefer my C4 power seats or certainly the 2LT C6 seats over these seats. I wanted a seat to sit "in" versus "on".

When I was out at Spring Mountain I sat in the "StopTech" C5 race car and he had these seats. Once I was in them I knew they were what I wanted. I've sat in other seats before and these things have DEEP seating. Nice for dudes with long legs.

So, I just ordered from Pfadt Racing...

(2) Sparco Pro 2000 - Red
(2) Sabelt Harness - Bolt in, Pull down - Black
(1) Driver's & Passenger Side Seat Mounting Kit - Base
and Side Mounts
(2) Sabelt Seat Sliders

:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm considering a similar mod. Any info on pricing?

I am going to be doing the mod to increase headroom. Any info you can provide would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Rad

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks sweet! Did they not have blue seats to match the exterior?
There are blue seats, but everytime I get blue anything for the car (roll bar padding, window nets, etc) nothing matches electron blue in the least and I end up sending it back.

And, since it's going to be an unskilled driver in a flashy car, I figured red was good. Because if you are going to suck on the track, you might as well look pretty doing it. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm considering a similar mod. Any info on pricing?

I am going to be doing the mod to increase headroom. Any info you can provide would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Rad
I don't know what it's going to cost. I just ordered it and didn't wait to hear the pricing. :laughing:

Call Robbin at Pfadt and find out what I paid, or I'll find out on my next bank statement and let you know. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Glad to hear the I wasn't the only one playing slip and slide on the C5 seats :laughing:
Sounds like a good investment for racing Bro :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear the I wasn't the only one playing slip and slide on the C5 seats :laughing:
Sounds like a good investment for racing Bro :thumbsup:
It's not racing unless I can pass someone in the corners without getting black flagged! :laughing:

·
"a title"
790 Posts
Pat,

Just a quick question. How does your wife let you get away with buying all this stuff for your car? I can swing some stuff by my wife, but not like that!

Paul

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
And, since it's going to be an unskilled driver in a flashy car, I figured red was good. Because if you are going to suck on the track, you might as well look pretty doing it.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
He should get brown seats if he keeps driving off the track.
For those of you wondering why its hard to stay in your seat imagine, Accelerating down a short straight away to 120 mph then going around a sweeping curve at about .5 Gs to the right then braking as hard as your car will stop for about 40 ft. Then reversing directions in about 60 ft at about .8 Gs to the left.

Here is a description of what is called EGO CHECK turn. "Turn 4 is an off camber decreasing radius. A very tricky turn, especially after the fastest section of the track and the hardest braking zone. EGO CHECK is a hard braking double downshift turn where Patrick and I found our selfs in the rocks more than once.

·
Supporting Manufacturer
409 Posts
You know you're really using your car when you can't keep yourself in the seat! That's the good part. The bad part is that it wasn't easy to mount race seats in the Corvette using existing seat mounts. So we created a kit to make it easy.

Patrick got Sparco seats, which are among our favorites. He got the Pro 2000 and we race in the Evo. Both price out in the $700-$740 per seat. We can get almost any race seat, and there are excellent entry level seats in the $400 price range. A lot of our customers like the Cobra line. They tend to be a little more difficult to fit in the car - the Corvette doesn't have a lot of space between the door and the tunnel and the Cobras have larger outside measurements.

Our seat mount kit includes a base mount and the side mounts. The base is designed to accommodate all of the race harness mounts. On your workbench you mount the seat and harnesses, then with 4 bolts (stock seat mount points) you install the whole set up. You'll want to test fit the seat position, but it's very easy. The seat mount kit is $300 and if you'd like sliders they cost $69. We have a set up for both the C5 and the C6.

The trick here is that you can install your race seats for the weekend's HPDE or Autocross, then with 4 easy bolts, put the stock seat back in for driving to work on Monday. Or, if you're Patrick, you can just leave it all in there!

Call us any time for any questions on car set up.

-Aaron

·
Registered
34 Posts
AaronPfadt said:
Patrick got Sparco seats, which are among our favorites. He got the Pro 2000 and we race in the Evo. Both price out in the $700-$740 per seat. We can get almost any race seat, and there are excellent entry level seats in the $400 price range. A lot of our customers like the Cobra line. They tend to be a little more difficult to fit in the car
What about the inside width comparison. I tend to be in the wide load category and just barely fit in the Cobra Wide seats that are mounted in my "cough" Mustang. It takes about 3 laps to hit bottom.

I intend to install these seats once and leave them. No one but me drives my car and all the way back and as close to the floor is where they need to be.

Have you worked with the Corbeau Forza IIs?

I was even thinking about making a shell that actually sits on the floor has the mounting bolts come through the shell of the seat. Don't know if it would work but sounded like fun to try.

Thanks for the info.

Rad

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any idea how much the stock seats weigh? How aboaut those sparcos?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stock Seat is Heavy

The stock Corvette seats are heavy. Mine has at least 4 motors in it (fore/aft, front up/down, back up/down, lumbar pump). I removed it and installed a Sparco Evo on Sparco slide mounts. Here is what I did with my Corvette Seat:

I failed to weigh the two seats during the install process but the Sparco seat is way lighter. I just weighed my Corvette office chair and it weighs 75 pounds (but that includes about 15 pounds of office chair hardware).
My seat is is Blue like my car.

Enjoy.
Roy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts