Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WH: It’s Not Called Global Warming Anymore

From the administration that brought you "man-caused disaster" and "overseas contingency operation," another terminology change is in the pipeline.

The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.

White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a "dangerous misnomer" for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature.

The call comes as Congress prepares to adjourn for the season without completing work on a stalled climate bill. The term global warming has long been criticized as inaccurate, and the new push could be an attempt to re-shape climate messaging for next year's legislative session.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/global-warming/2010/09/16/wh-it-s-not-called-global-warming-anymore

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

Gov. has new name for old scam

The White House wants the public to start using the term ...

"global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" ... fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.

I don't see the big deal here ... the same can be said about the Tea Party instead of (R)'s / neocons ...

:laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
This is the best the 'Cheif Science Advisor' can come up with?
This can go in the tank with "Summer of Recovery"
How long before these guys start embarassing themselves? :laughing:

Further proof academia needs to stay in the classroom. :nuts:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I like Climate "Cycle"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
This is the best the 'Cheif Science Advisor' can come up with?
This can go in the tank with "Summer of Recovery"
How long before these guys start embarassing themselves? :laughing:

Further proof academia needs to stay in the classroom. :nuts:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I don't see the big deal here ... the same can be said about the Tea Party instead of (R)'s / neocons ...

You need to go take Civics again or something. You guys keep acting like the Tea Party is a political party. They aren't, they are a smaller governmnet and founding priciples movement. They look for candidates that think the same way they do and support them, but they don't put candidates up under their party name. They don't need a plan to govern, because they aren't going to govern. But just as there are groups that support candidates who espouse women's rights or pro-choice candidates, the Tea party supports candidates that make them happy. You guys must really have an inferiority complex if a movement like this scares you that much.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
You need to go take Civics again or something. You guys keep acting like the Tea Party is a political party. They aren't, they are a smaller governmnet and founding priciples movement. They look for candidates that think the same way they do and support them, but they don't put candidates up under their party name. They don't need a plan to govern, because they aren't going to govern. But just as there are groups that support candidates who espouse women's rights or pro-choice candidates, the Tea party supports candidates that make them happy. You guys must really have an inferiority complex if a movement like this scares you that much.
I'll give you free computer advice for 6 months if you can name one person who claims to be Tea Partier that's a (D) ...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

From the administration that brought you "man-caused disaster" and "overseas contingency operation," another terminology change is in the pipeline.

The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.

White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a "dangerous misnomer" for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature.

The call comes as Congress prepares to adjourn for the season without completing work on a stalled climate bill. The term global warming has long been criticized as inaccurate, and the new push could be an attempt to re-shape climate messaging for next year's legislative session.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/global-warming/2010/09/16/wh-it-s-not-called-global-warming-anymore

Screw that ... where's the GOP Plan? :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Screw that ... where's the GOP Plan? :laughing:
Judging from our exchange yesterday, where you took off like a little b**** instead of answering the question.. even if I told you the plan, drew you a picture, and had it hypnotized into your brain, you would be left drooling on your chin and muttering the same thing over and over again.. much like now.

So, I will not waste my time.. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Judging from our exchange yesterday, where you took off like a little b**** instead of answering the question.. even if I told you the plan, drew you a picture, and had it hypnotized into your brain, you would be left drooling on your chin and muttering the same thing over and over again.. much like now.

So, I will not waste my time.. :cheers:
Some of us have responsibilities … other than playing politics on a Corvette Forum.

It’s the difference between getting paid and making money.

One is being controlled and the other is being in control.

No one is paying you to play Political Expert on a Corvette Forum.

So I got your b****, right hear. :whip:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some of us have responsibilities … other than playing politics on a Corvette Forum.
Hopefully one of them is an English class..

It’s the difference between getting paid and making money.

One is being controlled and the other is being in control.

No one is paying you to play Political Expert on a Corvette Forum.
Then why you keep playing timmy?

So I got your b****, right hear. :whip:
When you quit being this:

And man up, we can talk about it in person. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts