Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon friends. I'm new to the forum, and this is also my first post. I'm looking for a free GPS navigation program that finds the quickest route to our destinations and guides us there using pre-installed voice commands. Guys, I'm completely clueless on this subject. If anyone has any ideas, it would be highly appreciated.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Welcome to DC Jesse. What device are you going to use the program with? iPhone, Android, in car, stand alone? A little more info would help.

·
Registered
1966 Coupe 454/538hp 4spd of course; 1984 Z51, built 11/83, Blue w/Black Leather factory override..
11,718 Posts
..I'm looking for a free GPS navigation program that finds the quickest route to our destinations and guides us there using pre-installed voice commands. ..
For some Vettes: How to Use Voice Recognition | Vehicle Support | Chevy
For others: Merely Google "Free Voice Navigation" and take your pick..
For any ride that has iphone/android interface, the above downloads should work, once paired.

C'ya not get lost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for taking the time to respond to everyone. Also, the suggestions. I needed to find my Android phone. Aside from Google, I've been looking for a replacement application. Despite the fact that I did a lot of research on the subject on Google. I got other suggestions from there, such as Waze. Friends, I have no unique knowledge of this application. Do you have any other ideas?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Waze doesn;t do much in the way of GPS. It does a great job on traffic conditions such as slow traffic, construction and wrecks. For GPS there is google maps, mapquest and the native app on your Droid phone

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Hay torch did you ever think we’d have to rely on a gizmo to find our way around.
I still carry maps and still use them a bunch. They give a good overview of the big picture

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Yea their convenient, goggle maps is probably the best. Used it a bunch making residential delivers back when I was delivering freight. Has it’s place but still like you I still carry maps. You never know when you will get the dreaded no service.

·
Super Moderator
8,599 Posts
and more than once my trucks dash, GPS has indicated streets go where no street ever EXISTED!

Reactions: Triple dizzle
1 - 13 of 13 Posts