Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mid May the C4 Gathering will take place at the NCM. As part of this celebration the Grand Sport Registry will also be celebrating the 15th year of the Grand Sport. NCM will display six GS's for one full year. GSR received several members who offered up their cars for the display. They got enough to rotate six in every three months. There will be the Replica GS race car, 1996 GS's and C6 GS's. I was one to offer up a 2010 GS Convertible and got selected to participate in the first three month display. The GS's will be on Corvette Blvd. throughout the C4 Gathering and then moved to the Sky Dome for the final display time. If you have a chance to visit the museum this summer check out the GSR display. I think it is going to be a pretty cool experience:thumbsup:

·
Registered
980 Posts
That is very giving of you to offer up your grand sport and I would ask you how you could live without your grand sport during the summer months but it looks like you have a couple other Corvettes in the stable. I'm not too worried for you :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I made the trip to Bowling Green and dropped off my Grand Sport for a three month display. Here are a few pic's.

I discovered that I went to school with the guys wife who owns the replica GS Race car just in front of my GS. Small world.

The GS will be in the Sky Dome until mid August.

A friend of mine drove the Z06 for me so we had a way home!

Displayed on Corvette Blvd inside NCM

Bad Ass Car

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was as good of an experience as you could possibly have owning a car and only Corvette offers it. First when you order a Corvette you can option with NCM to complete a GM Buyers Tour and watch your new Corvette being built from start to finish. Next you can option an R8C National Corvette Museum Delivery. Then to get an opportunity through the Grand Sport Registry to display your Corvette at the National Corvette Museum as part of the 15th Anniversary of the Grand Sport. WOW! I jumped at the opportunity and it became reality. My GS was displayed in the NCM Skydome for three months. The experience came to an end this past week when I made the trip to NCM to pick it up my GS and bring it back home.

I have to commend the staff at NCM for taking great care of my Corvette while in there hands. The staff was very concerned about every detail from detailing it to keep its present's outstanding everyday to putting the top up and down as to not let it set in one position for to long and installing a battery tender on it so I wouldn't have any issues when I returned to get it. Then when I picked up my Corvette they present me with an appreciation plaque, bio sheet, and lapel pin and window sticker designating you as a NCM display car.

Thank you Betty, Tom and Katie for a great NCM Experience! It was also great to see Gary Cockriel and Lori Bieschke who have helped me with other experiences involving NCM.

Also thanks to Patti Hutchinson from GSR for setting it all up.

I could not have made this happen without two great TOGCC friends who took time from their schedules to help me get the Corvette to and from Bowling Green. Dennis Dick and Stephen Lott. Thanks for your camaraderie and putting up with my antics during the long trips, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts