Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this picture in the gallery.

Does the 96 GS have the same emblem as the '63 GS?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

While the script is the same, the badges are different. On the modern Grand Sports, the badge is a smooth rectangular piece of metal. On the original Grand Sports, the badge is the same shape as on the midyear Sting Rays (lengthwise indents in the bar top/bottom). You can make out the indents in the photos of the original badges on this thread.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

66 Grand Sport said:
While the script is the same, the badges are different. On the modern Grand Sports, the badge is a smooth rectangular piece of metal. On the original Grand Sports, the badge is the same shape as on the midyear Sting Rays (lengthwise indents in the bar top/bottom). You can make out the indents in the photos of the original badges on this thread.
I see that now! Can't believe i missed that.:surprised

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

66 Grand Sport said:
Welcome 66 GS....do you have a Gs clone?:excited:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

84 GRANDSPORT said:
Welcome 66 GS....do you have a Gs clone?:excited:
Yep. I've got a 66 coupe rebodied with the GS panels. Still running stock midyear chassis and front suspension, and one piece '82 aluminum rear end with fiberglass monospring.

We spoke at the 5/4 CC drag and snagged video/pics of the cars parked side by side. It would have been fun to run them side by side but I have a feeling I would have gotten spanked. Maybe next summer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

66 Grand Sport said:
Yep. I've got a 66 coupe rebodied with the GS panels. Still running stock midyear chassis and front suspension, and one piece '82 aluminum rear end with fiberglass monospring.

We spoke at the 5/4 CC drag and snagged video/pics of the cars parked side by side. It would have been fun to run them side by side but I have a feeling I would have gotten spanked. Maybe next summer.
Thats awsome!!! Is that your car in your avitar? If [email protected]!!!:surprised :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
More GS Badges...

Just to add to the confusion...

Here's another variation of the Grand Sport badge. This is the one on my GS II rebody. After speaking with the rebody company, I find out it turns out to be a collector's item since he doesn't make them any more. On his new rebodies he just supplies a GS II logo decal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Badges!?! We dont need no stinkin badges!

66 Grand Sport said:
Yep, that's my baby. There are more shots of it in the GS Clone photo gallery on this site.
Wow!:surprised If I ever get my hands on one I want to do it just like yours...somthing about blue with white stripes!:smokin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
grand sport rebody

I SAW YOUR POST ABOUT THE GS BADGES AND YOU MENTIONED THE COMPANY THAT DOES THE (REBODY) FOR THE GS WHO IS IT, THANX:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
GRAND SPORT Emblem

Just to add to the confusion...

Here's another variation of the Grand Sport badge. This is the one on my GS II rebody. After speaking with the rebody company, I find out it turns out to be a collector's item since he doesn't make them any more. On his new rebodies he just supplies a GS II logo decal.

GRAND SPORT Emblems (5.5" L x .75" W x .25" thick )...Polished Alum with Painted "Letters" or Unpainted.
<EDIT> Please post items for sale in the classified section

1 - 17 of 17 Posts