Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...d-girl-in-bathroom-for-six-years-1076259.html

Two Dayton residents have been accused of keeping an elementary-school aged girl locked in an apartment for six years, letting her out only to go to school.
[...]
Tolpin said the girl was locked in a bathroom, barricaded behind two dressers, from the time she came up from school until the time she left again the next morning.

“Meals were inconsistent at best and basically the living conditions were deplorable,” Tolpin said.

The girl slept on a fold-up cot with a blanket but no pillow, Tolpin said.

[...]

Apparently, the girl confided with some adults when she was in the first grade, but nothing happened, so she had a distrust toward adults, Tolpin said.

She was even locked in during weekends, Tolpin said
I vote death penalty for the grandparents and prosecution of the adults who did not follow up on the story.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Did this house have 2 bathrooms? How would they feed her. The logistics make me wonder.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I find your comments odd. :lookinup:
:huh:

I find the situation odd all together. I'd like to se a floorplan of the house. That would probably paint exactly how gruesome this scenario really is. I don't know which would be worse. Being locked in solitary or having to smell everyon's solids.

:thud:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I could think of worse actions taken toward a child. There is no mention of those "worse' actions being taken toward the child... other then the overly protective nature of the care giver. This is in no way saying it was the most healthy actions taken toward the child, nor is an action I would condone. It is, as I stated.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More may come but the most damaging are usually the none physical abuses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts