Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '96 CE and I'm looking to stripe it like the Grandsport of the year. The thick mid line and the two hash marks.

Anyways, I think I'm going to go with black (the Corvette is silver). But let's say that I'm going to a non-Corvette buff paint shop and tell him I want this to spec, what are the dimensions/pattern of the '96 Grandsport racing stripe(s)?

And also, I'd like the hash marks to be painted, but on the real GS are they decals? I'm not a big fan of decals.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
This is all I was able to find. Hope it helps!

I believe everything was originally painted. Decals are aftermarket. But I could be wrong.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Actually, I'm not sure that he DOES still have them posted. I "borrowed";) them when he first posted them! This stuff is too valuable NOT to have backed-up somewhere!

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is what I found on grandsportregistry.com.

14. Q: What are the dimensions of the Grand Sport pinstripes?

The factory 2-color decal pinstripes are 1/4" wide (white) and 1/4" (blue) measured out from the wide center stripe. Actually, they are just a tiny bit narrower than this, but 1/4" is plenty close enough. From the front of the car going back, measuring across the wide center stripe only (not including the pinstripes):

at the very bottom of the nose below the front license plate: 17"
across "Corvette" on the front license plate cover: 17-1/8"
across the Corvette emblem on the nose: 18"
even with the top of the headlamp openings: 19"
1/2 way up the hood: 20"
at the rear of the hood: 21-1/4"
across the top, front (coupe): 19-5/16"
across the top, middle (coupe): 19"
across the top, back (coupe): 18-5/8"
across the gas cap: 17"
across "Corvette" at the rear: 16-7/8"
below the rear license plate: 16-3/4"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.