Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our largest turnout of the season on Sunday 7/13 at Race 4 of GLCC. We finally finished a race before the rain started!!!!!! We had more then 25 cars show up to the track!!! We will need to start reserving 2 private Corvette Lanes in the future!!!!

-=Jeff=- (of Bartlett) , All Wet, KmcKiou (of Naperville), Jimmy69 (of Chicago), Loudmouth, Matt383 (of Greyslake), JR Cruzn C5 (of Cary), and Bill P (of Lisle, with a first round bye) all won their first rounds to advance in points.

In the Semi finals, All Wet edged out KmcKiou (who was running consistent 12.5X in his Admiral Blue 94 ZR-1) for a spot in the finals while Loud mouth (of Rockford), took out the red (race prepped 10-second 78 Vette) driven by Bill P.

Loud mouth lined up his Dark Blue 2000 C5 against All Wet (of Glenview), for the finals. The battle of consistency was won by the All Wett Supercharged C5 as John becomes our first official points leader of the 2003 season. Congrats to John. This was only his second visit to a race track!!!!!!!!

Jimmy69 won the Best reaction time competition and Bill P takes the Low ET bragging rights running his C3 in 10.2X’s.

A big thanks goes out to Patrick and his staff at Digitalcorvettes.com for their sponsorship and participation in this event!!!!!!!!!

See you all at the next Great Lakes Challenge Race 5 on August 3rd back at Byron.

ZR_Don

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I can't believe I fell asleep at the tree. I was pissed for the rest of the day!

I'd be less pissed if we did this every week, but now I have to wait a month to re-deem myself! :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don - Turn out was great, competition was good, track was perfect. My 00 C5 Coupe ran a 11.44, 11.50, 11.51 in the time trials and if you can believe it in the second round I ran a 11.32 on a 11.56 dial WHAT A BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Maybe some day I'll get this drag race game figured out!!

GREAT OUTING - SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!

JR:buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I should of found someone to swap duty with, I really hate on missing out of a big race.:(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JR-CRUZN-C5 said:
Don - Turn out was great, competition was good, track was perfect. My 00 C5 Coupe ran a 11.44, 11.50, 11.51 in the time trials and if you can believe it in the second round I ran a 11.32 on a 11.56 dial WHAT A BREAKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Maybe some day I'll get this drag race game figured out!!

GREAT OUTING - SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!

JR:buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye:
JR,
I joined you in the break out club!
My ZR-1 pulled its lowest ET of the day with a 12.861 in round 1 against All Wett C5.

Unfortunately (for me), it was on a 13.00 dial in and John went on to win the bracket final.

I was very surprised that my car ran that low ET in the 80 degree temps. That was only .21 off my best run of 12.65 in cool temps. Hmmmmmmm…..

Congrats again to John in his All Wet supercharged beast. He has been getting better with his launch. It is NOT easy to launch a supercharged beast on street tires!!!!!!!!! I am sure John is enjoying his WINNINGS from our title sponsor Digitalcorvettes.com.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Great time on Sunday!
Did an 11.2 run in time trials with the bottle.
Off the bottle ran consistant 11.89-11.91.
Great 60' times.
Lost 2nd round to????
anyway, he dialed in at 13.10 and ran a 13.101!!!
Combine that with him getting me on the tree by .09 sec I was cooked. No way I could win. So I broke out with an 11.86 just to get to the line at the same time.
I need more time at the tree. Racing big buck bash at byron in two weeks. big $$ pay out for super-pro! Super Chevy Aug 8,9,10 at Rt. 66.
Byron for the Challenge Race Aug 3rd.
See ya all Aug 3rd!
Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow sounds like you all had a great time:cheers:
Congrats to all the winners

And TIM im right with you buddy, i hate it when i miss a good event like this, but i guess as they say there will always be next time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLUBYU2002C5 said:

And TIM im right with you buddy, i hate it when i miss a good event like this, but i guess as they say there will always be next time.:thumbsup:
Hey Mike,

How is the car going?

Gonna make the August event????

·
Registered
103 Posts
:( I sure hope so, I feel so bad when i can't be doing something I love, I will try my hardest...I love coming to the events and getting together with everyone as much as I can the Chicago crew is a bunch of great guys & Gals!!! I need to get out there and defend my quickest E/T runs - sounds like last sunday it would have been hard to do, many Fast running vettes came out.:surprised So im shooting for making the august 3rd event, We will see :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts