Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the Corvettes owners and race fans that came out to watch Race 5 of the Great Lakes Corvette Challenge at Byron Dragway on 8/3 (and 8/2).

In the earlier rounds Kevin M. of (KmcKiou) Naperville hit a 12.64 on a 12.6 dial to advance into the ¼ finals where he later red lighted against Bill P’s wheelie pulling, (9 second) 78 Corvette.

Matt T. (Matt383) took out John R (JR Cruzn C5) of Cary with 12.001 against a 12.00 dial!!!!! The same time slip had a .507 reaction time!!!!! Awesome run Matt!!!! This time slip earned Matt a bye round into the finals.

In the Finals we had Matt383 pull a 12.015 run to a 11.99 dial with a 5.82 light, but it was not enough to hold off Bill P’s red 78 that pulled a 9.569 run to a 9.52 dial with his .549 reaction!
G R E A T R A C E Matt and Bill! That was one close race!!!!!!!

Official results:
Bill P. of lisle, IL wins Low ET of 9.14 AND…. also wins the Bracket trophy.
Matt383 of Grayslake wins the best reaction time competition.

On Saturday 8/2, a Corvette from IN, and a Vette from Dixon, IL also raced at Byron. I will update this post with the names and details when I get the official results from Byron. Both drivers will earn points towards the GLCC series!!!! We will call this race GLCC Race 5 ½.

We are looking forward to GLCC race 6 scheduled for September 14th, 2003 back at Byron. We are expecting between 50 and 100 Corvettes as the temps get cooler! The finals are also set for October 19th.

We welcome all Corvette owners to come out and join the fun!!!!!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Great update Don.
(Yes, I'm still at work)

THe margin of Victory for Bill over yours truly was .00095!!!!
Holy Crap! Can't get much much closer than that!
Great Run Bill!
Wait till next time!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Matt

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I still want to come out and watch you guys.:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So this Bill P has 9 second 78 eh, i wonder what hes got under the hood and if hes running IRS or something else. If he is running IRS theres a check waiting to be mailed.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Bill Panzer is president of the Northern Rays Corvette Club.
Should be easy to contact.
Also ,look at some of the records in the NCCC web page.
He holds at least two of them.
If I remember correctly he was a top fuel driver about 30 years ago.
Good guy on top of it all.
Matt383

1 - 6 of 6 Posts