Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the Cadillac XLR, Lamborghini Gallardo and Mercedes Maybach all have green high intensity looking headlights. Can anyone describe these type of headlights to me? Does anyone have a manufacturers tech doc on them? I am curios to know if the C6 will have those type of lights? They look great!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
they are xenon....very expensive..but last many many many times longer than a conventional bulb...i know BMW has them as an option...its about 750-1000 bucks for the option on the car...and then if a bulb does go out its 500 bucks......but then again you shouldn't have to ever replace the lights

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: Xenon

I thought Xenon lights were bluish colored? Are the green ones a different type of Xenon? Possibly a higher cost and quality?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
you might be right...i thought they were xenon..but they may be different

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: re: Xenon

jerseyvette said:
I thought Xenon lights were bluish colored? Are the green ones a different type of Xenon? Possibly a higher cost and quality?
****, I read about this somewhere a month ago.

If I recall, the color you see is something about spectral (sp?) distribution and the frequency the light is pulsed at. (Yes, Xenon lights actually "flash" like a strobe light... similar to florescent lights... but it is so fast the human eye cannot see it.)

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow thats some intense shiat. The headlights on my moms BMW are Xenon and there the normal blue that pisses off other drivers.
I think they should put Xenon headlights on all cars. They make such a BIG difference at night.:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Wow thats some intense shiat. The headlights on my moms BMW are Xenon and there the normal blue that pisses off other drivers.
I think they should put Xenon headlights on all cars. They make such a BIG difference at night.:thumbsup:
why would they piss other drivers off? they are easier on the eyes than a normal light bulb that is used in conventional headlights...the ones that piss me off are the ones that ricers us that have a blue tint....that are actually illegal becasue they put out too many watts...if you look on the packages they say for offroad use only...and unlike xenons they change color depending on how close you are to the car...xenons stay the same no matter the distance away from the other car

·
Registered
336 Posts
My Acura has Xenon lights, they are a blueish, purple color, way better than conventional lights especially in the rain on a dark road, I hardly drive the vette but I dont think I will own another everyday car without them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts