Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if this was at all possible to add a HUD. I have the hud unit and the switch for my 2007 1LT, The HUD comes from a Z06 car vin uv6 and the switch from the dealer, they do not sell you the hud unit unless the car has been in an accident or stolen. I am having a difficult time finding the connectors from another donor car to splice in, maybe a salvage yard? I am going to the dealer tommorrow to speak with a parts pro and show him the connector views and numbers. I currently have the wiring diagrams for a 2006 car with hud, I was wondering if it is the same as an 07.

Would tapping into the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) unit for the power(+), ground(-),vehicle speed, engine speed, and hud class 2 serial data allow the unit to work without hurting it?

From the body control module connector C4-there is power to both IPC and HUD circuit 1140, For the Vehicle Speed and Engine Speed I was going to tap the following, From IPC connector C2 D-GN/WH for vehicle speed and Engine speed C#2 WHite wire.

battery power- from IPC Connector #C2 RD/WHite circuit 1140

ground- from IPC connector C2 BK

Another big question is circuit 1127 that goes to the DLC Schematic. This is for the HUD class 2 serial data, this wire comes from a splice SP205 located at drivers side upper kick panel. Now there is no wire in my car becuase i don't have the hud option, but this splice connects to many things that use class 2 serial data including the IPC cluster unit which uses circuit 1036 GY wire form IPC connector 1. If i connect to this would this allow the logic to work in the hud? Or will it interfere with the IPC cluster?

With the HUD SWITCH straight forward connections to the HUD unit Via the wiring diagram. These control the dimming and other features.

THe only one I would need to tap would be for the dimming Circuit.

This would be connector C1 @ IPC BN wire circuit 1244.

Ground from the IPC Connector C2 BK wire or just make a solid ground to G201.

Once again, I have not cut anything yet, just asking for much needed input from anyone who has successfully done this. It may or may not work but I would really like to have the hud unit, Thought I wouldn't need it, but Now I do!

THanks for looking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
was wondering if this was at all possible to add a HUD. I have the hud unit and the switch for my 2007 1LT, The HUD comes from a Z06 car vin uv6 and the switch from the dealer, they do not sell you the hud unit unless the car has been in an accident or stolen. I am having a difficult time finding the connectors from another donor car to splice in, maybe a salvage yard? I am going to the dealer tommorrow to speak with a parts pro and show him the connector views and numbers. I currently have the wiring diagrams for a 2006 car with hud, I was wondering if it is the same as an 07.

Would tapping into the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) unit for the power(+), ground(-),vehicle speed, engine speed, and hud class 2 serial data allow the unit to work without hurting it?

From the body control module connector C4-there is power to both IPC and HUD circuit 1140, For the Vehicle Speed and Engine Speed I was going to tap the following, From IPC connector C2 D-GN/WH for vehicle speed and Engine speed C#2 WHite wire.

battery power- from IPC Connector #C2 RD/WHite circuit 1140

ground- from IPC connector C2 BK

Another big question is circuit 1127 that goes to the DLC Schematic. This is for the HUD class 2 serial data, this wire comes from a splice SP205 located at drivers side upper kick panel. Now there is no wire in my car becuase i don't have the hud option, but this splice connects to many things that use class 2 serial data including the IPC cluster unit which uses circuit 1036 GY wire form IPC connector 1. If i connect to this would this allow the logic to work in the hud? Or will it interfere with the IPC cluster?

With the HUD SWITCH straight forward connections to the HUD unit Via the wiring diagram. These control the dimming and other features.

THe only one I would need to tap would be for the dimming Circuit.

This would be connector C1 @ IPC BN wire circuit 1244.

Ground from the IPC Connector C2 BK wire or just make a solid ground to G201.

Once again, I have not cut anything yet, just asking for much needed input from anyone who has successfully done this. It may or may not work but I would really like to have the hud unit, Thought I wouldn't need it, but Now I do!

THanks for looking.

Is there any way you could PM me the wiring diagrams? I am very interested in doing the same. There is a guy on another website that has made a kit for 1K that includes everything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MY HUD install is done!!

Took me just under 5 hours and thats because i also changed my shifter to a short shifter. If you can change your oil, you can make this upgrade. I still have the regular glass and the image looks great at night. i will see how it looks tomorow. Had to take out alot of screws but the instructions were really easy. Here are some pics. It gets real ugly when you have to actually dismantle the dash of a new Vette to get this, but in the end it was all worth it.

I highly Recomend this Kit sold by Dennis. He is very Knowledgable with the kit he has produced and it trully can not get any easier than this.

Good Luck!!
RoB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts