Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sill having some odd issues. This one started today.

Last night I was working checking the electrical in the dash. Just making sure lighs came on etc. I didn't run her because I didn't want to wake the neighborhood.

Anyway,when I stopped working and got out I noticed the sound of something running that seems to be coming from behind the passenger side firewall. It sounds like a spinning fan (but nothing is coming from the vent) and only makes a noise when the car is off. If I move the switch over to where I have power, it stops.

Anyway, now I can't start the car. I just get a crazy grinding sound and nothing.

Any thoughts?

24 hours ago I was only a couple das work from having her road worthy, now what?

Thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well, a couple things to check out. First, make sure the battery is fully charged.
Then verify all the battery cables and engine grounds. Then the starter itself.
Did you do a rebuild or what??
About the only thing on the lpass side to make nay noise is the starter and the blower motor, put your hand on the blower and see if thats whats running.
Could be you got the ignition switch out of whack while working on the dash electrics

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the radio. Go figure.

I knew the noise was coming from behind the firewall. I heard some static noise last night and was trying to dial in a station. Before my day when you had to manually turn off the radio.

Lesson learned. It drained the battery only partially over the night, hence the grinding.

Problem solved. Now, to put the battery in the Jeep for a charge.

·
Registered
738 Posts
LOL, Glad you got it fixed! Sometimes we look for a complicated answer when its really simple.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go figure right? I knew it couldn't be overly complicated seeing as it started while I was in the garage last night. Just a matter of running a mental check-list to remember what exactly I did. Process of elimination, and boom... and figured it out. :)

Now... to get these brakes done so I can finally hit the road!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts