Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where exactly the grounding is for the instrument lights on my 84? Mine all of a sudden went out. Checked the fuse. It's good. Turn signals and high beam indicator still work fine. Everything I have read so far points to grounding issues, but cant find location. Just that it is in the engine compartment on the left side. Am I looking for a braided strap or a color wire? Help! On the plus side, successfully replaced my TPS and it only cost me $24.00 so no more rough idle, long starts or check engine lights! Wooohooo! (PS. A picture of that ground would be GREAT!)

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
the major ground is either on the engine block just above the oil filter/oil temp sender or on the bell housing same side.

I'd suggest running a new ground from the dash wiring to the frame separate of the the other wiring.

While you are looking at the grounds around the oil filter plan on replacing all of the ends in that area..

·
Registered
138 Posts
couple grds run thru the fire wall conectors.seems that the cowl drains dump water on em.could be your problem.theres another ground on the frame by the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts