Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first corvette, a 2002 corvette c5, have not got it home yet since it is in the middle of the winter here in Sweden.

in somewhat of a worry mode right now not being sure about ground clearance since my garage has a 2 inch edge just at the door and the c5 i purchased has front spoiler and side skirts.
Biggest worry i have now is that the front spolier or skirts will scrape, so im asking here for some input.

anyone that can help me calm my nerves?

·
Super Moderator
8,542 Posts
I had similar clearance issues as the slab was about 4"-5" on my garage

with my c4 corvette, until I laid down a layer of sand about 1" thick to level the area in front of my garage doors and two parallel rows of 1ft x 1ft square 1.5" thick concrete paver stones, similar to the picture posted below, the full width of the shop doors, in front of the garage doors to act like a partial ramp, thus easing access angles to gain clearance.
obviously the thickness of the sand support pad under the pavers should match the application required.

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
2"? I wouldn't worry about that too much, but I would have someone observe when you first pull it in very slowly if it clears.
Good luck with your Vette, don't let it out of your sight over there...........😁

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,685 Posts
If it just scrapes just a little don't worry, just go slow. It will flow up out of the way. If it really scrapes bad you might need to b=put in some kind of ramp

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
13 Posts
The stock flexible air dam in the front is designed to take abuse. If I pull into my driveway head-on, it will scrape, but no damage. IF your car as been lowered and you have aftermarket splitter in the front, I think you will hit, and those pieces do not flex. I would set up some type of ramp, it’s not a Jeep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts