Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RT66Z06 said:
I'd pay to see that. :)

BTW, while searching for Big Law Man's Maisto EB Z06 I ran across a Maisto 1:18 diecast model of a '96 GS. Do you have one? It looks pretty cool.

Ray
I don't! Is it a coupe? Any link to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I don't! Is it a coupe? Any link to it?
Here is the stock information:

MAI-31856 1/18 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Coupe $25.00

I'll search my bookmarks and find the site's URL. But I'm almost positive my local Target store has one on the shelf. I remember distinctly because I remarked to my wife that you had a GS.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ray
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RT66Z06 said:
Here is the stock information:

MAI-31856 1/18 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Coupe $25.00

I'll search my bookmarks and find the site's URL. But I'm almost positive my local Target store has one on the shelf. I remember distinctly because I remarked to my wife that you had a GS.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ray
They had one at your Target store????? I have never seen one in a store, and I look and look and look.... I'm going to look at your links now...
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick96LT4 said:
They had one at your Target store????? I have never seen one in a store, and I look and look and look.... I'm going to look at your links now...
Me wants one! I am going to target tomorrow night, maybe I'll get lucky!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I don't! Is it a coupe? Any link to it?
Looks like Maisto is issuing it as a coupe this time.

I have the older convertible version which I got some years back.


I hope this time they actually get the stripes and the interior right.
The version I have doesn't have the pinstripes at the edge of the big white stripe or the brushed aluminum wheel lips painted. I have read rumors of an original version which as these issues correct, though. Also, the interior they used before was from the 1992 ZR1 model they produced. The dash, and in particular the doors, are wrong for the GS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Me wants one! I am going to target tomorrow night, maybe I'll get lucky!
Remember the Maisto stock number is 31856. They will call other target stores if you give them this number. Might save you some running around.

I went to three stores tonight but no joy. They sold the one that was in the Costa Mesa store the day before.

Good luck!

Ray
 

·
DC Pit Crew
Joined
·
11,957 Posts
it looks like it has the pinstirp up until the front bumper..and the wheels are correct this time...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Wouldn't mind adding a GS to my collection, but are as hard to find as the real thing up here in the Great White North. Only 12 GS's were exported to Canada, probably the same amount of diecasts also ! lol !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Target had none. Only Vette they had was a mid-year.:(
Was it a '65 Nassau Blue Coupe? They have a lot of those.

Make sure you let me know if you get it on-line. Otherwise I will buy it if I see it and ship it to you.

Ray
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RT66Z06 said:
Was it a '65 Nassau Blue Coupe? They have a lot of those.

Make sure you let me know if you get it on-line. Otherwise I will buy it if I see it and ship it to you.

Ray
Yep, it was the '65.

Two targets, no GS. Hmf.

Time to try online! But it's so hard to find the time........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I don't think the GS coupe is released just yet.. I have one on Pre-order and it has not been shipped yet
Both of the web sites I found indicate the model will be available "03/03". Probably a big customer like Target gets the first allocation which probably explains why my local store had one. It sure didn't sit on the shelf long.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
RT66Z06 said:
Both of the web sites I found indicate the model will be available "03/03". Probably a big customer like Target gets the first allocation which probably explains why my local store had one. It sure didn't sit on the shelf long.

Ray
Dang...first I was hunting the toy department at Target for BLM's EBZ06...now I have to go back for this!!!

:cheers:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I bought 2 of these...The color is wrong & the slashes are in the wrong spot!:nuts: :down: When I put my fake zr-1 gs next to it the color is waaayyyyy off!:down: :down:
:agree:
I'd love to find a REAL diecast.

But, I think I'll be forced to build a model. Which isn't so bad I guess. I anticipate having some time in the fall of 2007.:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Guys, Guys........there are a ton of coupes on ebay. go to search in ebay and type in corvette grand sport. It will pop up anywhere from 60 to 80 items for all grand sports. Look it over closely as these 1/18 coupes are all over the board in prices. Anywhere from 9.95 to 28.95 etc. There is a GS convertible also on there right now asking more than that . It is the old kind without the chrome lip on the wheels/no pinstripes/side markings. Still, it is rare. They did also have the correct convertible put out . Real hard to find.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top